Software Requirements Engineer
Job no: 609008
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor, Engineering, Program/Project Management, Validation & Verification
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We currently have a unique role for an experienced Software Requirements Engineer, it is unique because you are involved from the concept stage through to product completion, the product is medical device software which assisting people to hear and be heard. The role reports directly to the Manager, Software Systems Development.
Your key accountabilities will be to be responsible for the requirements for the Software for the Baha® product portfolio by providing specifications and documentation supporting the end-user needs, working with cross-functional project teams to ensure that the software team develop the right product for our customers.
In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by analysing customer and system needs in close collaboration with Marketing, System engineering and the Clinical validation department. You will be responsible of defining those needs into requirements both technical and user experience related for our software developers and Verification team so they can develop and ensure the high quality we strive for in our customer applications.
This role gives you an opportunity to work with highly motivated and engaged team of professionals. Importantly, you will help more people around the world to hear again and live full lives.
Why is this role right for you?
- You are looking for a role where you are involved from the concept stage
- You want an opportunity to demonstrate your experience within Software requirements and UX Design.
- You are looking for a role which will use your skills but also work with a product that can change people’s lives
- You have experience in defining requirements for software products
- You have the ability to solve problems and collaborate with your peers and suppliers in order to deliver results which will benefit Cochlear’s customers
- You enjoy cross-functional team work
- You are comfortable speaking and writing in English at a professional level (Swedish is ideal but not essential)
- You are looking for a role where you can not only lead the way on what we need to-do but also how we work together.
- You have experience working in an agile environment
- You can feel proud that the work you do helps more people around the world to hear again and live full lives.
- You will enjoy spacious, modern facilities, surrounded by a beautiful forest in Mölnlycke
- You will experience an engaged workplace, motivated team mates and supportive Manager
- You are mid-career with 5 or so years’ experience in a similar role
- You are looking for that next career move where you can utilise your skills but also challenge yourself to learn something new
A Little Bit About Cochlear
Cochlear’s global mission is to help people hear and be heard. Cochlear BAS is the division of Cochlear that designs and manufactures the world’s leading bone conduction and other implantable acoustic solutions. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Situated in Mölnlycke, 10 minutes from the city centre of Gothenburg, Sweden, the head office employs approximately 200 people whose responsibilities include research, product design and development, marketing, quality and regulatory, manufacturing, distribution and administration for our implantable acoustic products.
Does this sound of interest to you? Of course it does, where else would you be able to be an integral part of helping people hear and be heard? So what are you waiting for? If you feel your skills and experience match what we have mentioned then Apply Now!
Or maybe you want to learn more about Cochlear first, you can simply head to our website www.cochlear.com
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now