Senior Solution Architect (Digital)
Job no: 609029
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, IT
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and the market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Solution Architect to work in our IT Architecture team at our Cochlear Global HQ. You will work closely with project managers, agile delivery teams and business partners to define solutions and guide their implementation.
The Senior Solution Architect role provides technical direction for projects from concept to completion. In order to be a successful candidate for this role you need to have a passion for technology and “full stack” experience in modern digital solutions. Your previous designs are elegant in their simplicity and have enabled others to build upon the foundations you laid. You understand modern architectures and the rationale behind those architectures. You are also prepared to design solutions involving legacy systems too.
You have experience with waterfall and agile delivery methodologies and understand how to work in either. In your previous roles you have advocated test and deployment automation. You have also had some exposure in operational roles and understand why it is important to do the job properly. In previous organisations you have identified the strategic capabilities required and contributed to architecture roadmaps and standards accordingly.
You are not afraid to challenge the status quo but understand the balance between perfection and practicality. You understand your audience and can communicate potentially complex solutions to a wide range of stakeholders.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing Reference Architectures for architectural domains
- Lead the definition of the Solution Architecture and deliver conceptual and detailed designs to resolve the business requirement.
- Close collaboration on project implementation with project managers, business stakeholders and delivery teams
- Constantly look for opportunities to leverage and reuse existing IT capabilities, Services and Solutions where appropriate
- Identify and investigate opportunities to utilize and integrate emerging technologies to provide cost effective flexible solutions.
- Assist the IT Broker team and associated Business Stakeholders in the development of business cases and value propositions to support the proposed solutions
- Wherever possible, advocate the architecture services, processes across the global Information Technology teams and business functions by means of sharing documentation, providing advice or impromptu education
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve Information Technology products and services
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to shape Cochlear’s flagship business. You will have the benefit of working across multiple interesting and innovative projects, with significant career development avenues for the right person. Cochlear offers a supportive and collaborative working environment with ample opportunity to progress.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing or Engineering
- Demonstrated experience as a Senior Solution Architect
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new and emerging technologies
- Strong enterprise applications background, with an ability to grasp the big picture
- Project planning and specification skills, together with problem solving and analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Post Graduate qualification
- Architecture certification such as TOGAF
- Demonstrated 3-5 years experience as a Senior Solution Architect
- Previous experience in project teams using agile and waterfall delivery methodologies.
- Strong technical background in any of the following:
- Salesforce / APEX / Heroku
- Oracle E-Business Suite
- Modern web technologies, ( React, Bootstrap, GraphQL – etc)
- Digital Marketing and eCommerce platforms
- Mobile Applications (iOS, Android, React Native)
- DevOps (CI/CD Pipelines, Immutable architecture, DevSecOps, )
- Integration patterns (MDM, data virtualisation, iPaaS)
- Test Automation
- Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, HBase)
- Machine Learning / AI
- Cloud/Networking/Infrastructure automation (AWS and on premise)
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now