Group Tax Manager
Job no: 609053
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Finance
- Supportive and collaborative team
- Multi-National company HQ in Australia and Top 50 ASX listed
- A global leader in medical devices & hearing loss technologies
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. We are seeking an experienced Group Tax Manager to join our Tax function to create value through providing accurate, timely and relevant analysis of tax outcomes in commercial situations to the Australian Group.
If you want to work in an environment which gives you variety, autonomy and the opportunity to innovate new practices and set group strategy around R&D compliance and provisioning, then this role is for you! In this role you will also be dealing with overseas entities and looking at tax issues which are varied and complex.
As part of a small collaborative and collegiate team with a global reach, you will be responsible for the following activities.
- Responsibility for the management and review of the Australian Group tax compliance including Cochlear’s consolidated income tax return, FBT, BAS, PAYG, withholding tax and other reporting as required including payroll tax calculations for the Cochlear share plans
- Responsibility for the preparation and management of the Australian R&D tax incentive claim including working with the Tax Manager, EMEA and other regions in relation to any global R&D incentive claims available to the Group
- Develop corporate income tax, FBT and GST compliance capabilities both within the tax team and across the business, establishing appropriate compliance processes, including monthly review processes where required of tax sensitive accounts
- Review and approve the Asia Pacific, Americas and EMEA tax provision packs for accuracy including follow up with the preparers on issues as they arise
- Responsibility for the preparation of half and full yearly tax statutory reporting, including Cochlear’s annual Tax Contribution Report
- Work closely with regional financial controllers and the Tax Manager - EMEA to review the annual tax returns for regional entities
Why is this role right for you?
- You hold a degree in Finance or Accounting and are CA or CPA qualified
- You have solid experience in Australian tax compliance and tax effect accounting and in the preparation and review of statutory tax reporting requirements
- You have strong experience in a large Australian outbound publicly listed entity with hands on experience in the preparation of an Australian Consolidated Group’s tax return, FBT and BAS returns
- You have excellent communication skills and able to explain tax concepts to non-tax people
- Understanding of the Australian R&D tax incentive claim and transfer pricing concepts
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now