Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job no: 609098
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, Human Resources
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®).
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist to support the end-to-end recruitment of specific Asia Pacific (APAC) departments & geographies. Reporting to the Talent Acquisition Business Partner, APAC, the successful Talent Acquisition Specialist will be based in our Sydney Office and have the chance to engage with a variety of cross-functional hiring managers to understand their talent requirements and hiring priorities. The successful candidate will also have the exciting opportunity to work on fantastic recruitment projects and broader People & Culture initiatives.
- Effectively manage end-to-end recruitment activities for defined APAC vacancies
- Implement innovative candidate attraction and interview/assessment techniques to source best-in-class candidates
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand their talent requirements, business models and strategic priorities to achieve hiring objectives
- Act as an advocate of our company values, positioning Cochlear as an employer of choice and maintaining an excellent candidate experience
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with hiring managers, Talent Acquisition colleagues and the broader APAC People & Culture team
- Provide consultative advice to hiring manager on appropriate candidate selection and evaluation techniques
- Provide appropriate feedback throughout the interview and selection process to advise and influence hiring managers, ensuring an overall effective hire
- Identify and build effective relationships with key retained and contingency search firms, as well as relevant professional industry groups and associations
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably within Healthcare or Science related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years recruiting experience in a corporate environment or agency/search firm role
- Experience recruiting a variety of roles and candidates, including at senior-level
- Ability to pipeline talent with an in-depth knowledge of direct sourcing techniques to uncover passive candidates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong customer focus
- Agility and ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Strong affinity to systems and experience with a broad range of recruitment tools
- Asia Pacific language skills are highly desirable, but not essential
In turn, you will have the opportunity to work across a diverse, challenging and rewarding set of markets. This is a rare opportunity to gain APAC regional experience with an iconic Australian organisation. At Cochlear, your career will be making a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired. You will also have the unique opportunity to expand your capabilities in recruitment through regional and global career progression pathways.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has over 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 475,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now