Senior System Engineer - Connectivity & Voice
Job no: 609107
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor, IT
- Friendly, supportive and collaborative team
- Global branded ASX listed double digit growth company
- A global leader in medical devices & hearing loss technologies
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. Due to growth in the business we have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer responsible for the design, provisioning, configuration, documentation, operations and maintenance activities on technical systems adopted by Cochlear.
If you are energized by working in an international and virtual team that fosters open dialogue, creates a feeling of belonging and is truly partnering to get work done, then read on! In this role you will be working on projects that are improving the performance of our applications and ensuring our technology is first class, locally and globally to drive Cochlear’s success.
Why is this role right for you?
- You are experienced in designing, building and maintaining LAN, WAN, Wireless and firewall perimeter infrastructure
- You have sound understanding of voice and contact centre solutions (Avaya)
- You have an engineering level knowledge of networking and perimeter security
- You have experience working in a mature ITIL process environment,
- You possess relevant industry certifications such as Cisco (CCNP)and Palo Alto Networks
- You have experience managing vendors, SLAs and stakeholder relationships
- You have worked in a multi-national environment across multiple geographies and in virtual teams
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills and are comfortable coaching others
Key Responsibilities are:
- Project Delivery (80%) by designing solutions, planning & coordinating activities, building technical solutions, documenting and transitioning to operations. Those projects are making use of Cisco (WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi), Palo-Alto Networks (Firewalls), F5 (Load Balancers and Proxies) and Avaya (Voice and Contact Centre) solutions. You will support direct Peers, Project Managers, Architects and Colleagues from other IT functions.
- BAU Support (20%) by maintaining a reliable global Network and Voice infrastructure in strong collaboration with global IT functions and ensuring ITIL process compliance
- Provide consulting on the Network and Voice service portfolio to other IT functions, business stakeholders and liaise with external vendors
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and watch your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now