Job Title: Associate Accounting Operations Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As one of the top 100 medical device companies and the market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for an Associate Accounting Operations Manager in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
The Associate Accounting Operations Manager will lead and encourage our accounts payable and general ledger team to ensure deadlines are met, assist in preparing GAAP and IFRS financial statements, which includes data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes, and be a subject matter expert in our accounting ERP system.
To be successful in this role, you should be highly organized, detail oriented and innovative. You will need to have a strong understanding of GAAP and IFRS reporting standards and be able to oversee and implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance with these standards. You will be the primary reviewer and direct source of oversight for accounts payable, cash, fixed asset, and intercompany accounts. You will collaborate with a variety of subject matter experts and other team members to assist in the completion of key tasks and projects.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of accounting, financial controls, and financial reporting. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've maintained the business as usual expectations while also delivering on an increase in efficiency and control over our financials, making it easier to do business with the accounting team and ensuring the team is able to handle change and growth.
- Responsible for the month-end close procedures and ensuring each month’s transactions are recorded and analyzed prior to monthly reporting of results.
- Has ultimate ownership of key operational accounting areas including, but not limited to Treasury/Cash, Inventory, Intercompany, Fixed Assets, Accounts Payable, and all other related balance sheet accounts.
- Directs and coordinates the accounts payable and related purchase order process.
- Manages and oversees reporting related to employee expense and reimbursement submissions.
- Maintains control over the general ledger and accounting information systems for all transactions generated via the purchase order and accounts payable processes.
- Leads a team of professionals in order to meet objectives and deliverables.
- Partners and works with an extended team of professionals including, but not limited to Accounts Receivable, Accounting Manager, Income Statement, Business Owners, and Financial Planning and Analysis professionals.
- Actively seeks to identify and implement improvements to processes in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops, implements, and maintains procedures to improve workflow efficiencies and internal controls.
- Assists with the audits of company’s accounts.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Three to five years of progressive accounting experience, including financial analysis.
- Ability to lead a team of professionals
- Achieved knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience with Financial Accounting & Reporting, Accounts Payable, Inventory Accounting, and Cash Management.
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel for extracting and analyzing financial data.
- Basic knowledge of computer technology in its application to financial accounting and control.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.