Senior Production Engineer
Job no: 609177
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Production Engineer to work in Cochlear to contribute and innovate processes for the Manufacturing and Logistics team has arisen with meaningful future impact. You will be tasked to maintain efficient and productive production support through implementation and management of day-to-day production and process improvements.
The purpose of the Senior Production Engineer is to provide engineering production support to ensure that production targets are met and to implement improvements in these areas.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Providing the first point of contact for production on yield, quality and throughput issues and contributing solutions to identified problems with particular references to the day-to-day running of the line
- Creating plans to coordinate activities and mentoring other engineers and technicians when required to progress plan
- Being a point of contact for other departments by liaising with other appropriate support groups to resolve issues
- Working in compliance with regulations to prepare V&V Plans, Protocols and to ensure safety of devices through rigorous testing
- Supporting global strategic improvement by assisting in the development by reviewing product, process and equipment designs from other departments to ensure they meet production requirements
- Advocating for OHS by immediately reporting all incidents, accidents, hazards or unsafe work conditions to management
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, with a focus in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, Biomedical or Mechatronics
- Strong proven experience in a similar production role within a highly regulated industry
- Highly skilled in problem solving, design, manufacturing and business process development
- Experience in working with a Quality Management system and Production Management System
- Ideally, experience with project management tools, process knowledge and understanding of GMP within the medical device industry
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now