Health Economics Reimbursement Analyst
Job no: 609181
Work type: Permanent
Categories: North America, Individual Contributor, Health Economics
Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About The Role
Join Cochlear’s Health Economics and Reimbursement Department and help patients and healthcare providers navigate through the health insurance maze. The Health Economics and Reimbursement department support patients and healthcare providers by eliminating insurance barriers and assist with expanding patient healthcare access to hearing implants. This fantastic role is for an experienced Health Economics Reimbursement Analyst. We are recruiting this specialist role to work with internal and external teams to develop education content on healthcare reimbursement. This position will also be tasked to analyze and manage data used to execute the department reimbursement strategy.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear’s successful history of innovation by assisting the department with reimbursement training and educational goals, and supporting the medical insurance advocacy strategy. Join the health economics and reimbursement department to help accomplish the departmental goals by reducing the health insurance barriers and increase health insurance access with positive policy change that impacts millions of health insured lives.
- Develop and manage data resources .
- Compile, summarize and manage data from external and internal data points such as Salesforce, Brightree, and other databases.
- Develop, organize and manage content to support reimbursement education and training.
- Prepare reports and graphics for presentations.
- Refine and manage system for documenting and communicating by-state reimbursement landscape.
- Develop dashboards and reporting tools
- Implement training for internal and external staff
To add value to Cochlear in this role you’ll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at the interview:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in healthcare or health insurance sectors
- Knowledge of healthcare coding and billing processes
- Thorough understanding of medical and insurance terminology, medical coding and health care operations
- Proficiency with MS Office software suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships within the Company and with customers
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to research and resolve issues
- Analytical skills to support complex data analysis
- Proven ability to successfully lead a project, and execute project completion
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to deal with internal and external customers in a professional and diplomatic manner
- Must be able to learn at a fast pace in a dynamic environment
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task and be highly organized
- Excellent customer service skills and computer literacy
- Must be able to process a high volume of work within tight deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Flexibility to manage multiple projects for team
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered. #cochlearcareers
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now