Senior Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineer
Job no: 609191
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
A new opportunity has become available for a Senior Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineer working within the New Product Introduction (NPI) team at our Cochlear Brisbane Operations.
As the New Senior SMT Process Engineer you will introduce new products into manufacturing along with design, development and introduction of robust process solutions to meet business requirements. You will be part of the NPI Electronics Assembly team, within the Supply Chain & Operational Excellence Division. You will be working directly with Project Managers, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Test Engineering, and Manufacturing Teams, and define the SMT processes for IPC Class 2 and 3 Electronic Assemblies
- Development of SMT processes, including screen printing, solder dispensing, pick and place, reflow and underfill for Cochlear Electronic Assemblies.
- Supporting the selection, and qualification of assembly processes, including the selection and evaluation and commissioning of equipment.
- Understanding and supporting user needs requirements, including design, manufacturing and quality.
- Driving best practice methodologies to proactively prevent quality excursions as the technology ramps.
- Working cross-functionally with NPI, R&D, Mechanical, Electronic and Production Engineering teams and support new product industrialisation.
- Writing of assembly specifications, qualification reports, and production documentation.
- Interact with design teams to perform design review and feedback for Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
- Create, conduct, and analyse Design of Experiments (DOE) for development activities.
- Perform Process Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ).
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or similar technical background;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in SMT Electronic Assembly;
- Demonstrated competencies in design, innovation, validation, problem solving, manufacturing / business process development and personal influence;
- Experience in working within a Quality Management system and Production Management system;
- Experience with risk assessment and project management tools.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in advanced packaging technologies for Chip On Board applications;
- Experiencing leading and mentoring small teams;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in similar role within a highly regulated industry;
- Exposure within the medical device industry and an understanding of GMP;
- Demonstrated competence in allocation of work, and in guiding/directing the work of others.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now