Production Shift Manager
Job no: 609262
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Oceania, Manager of Managers, Individual Contributor
- Supportive and collaborative team with a global reach
- Multi-National company HQ in Australia and Top 50 ASX listed
- A global leader in medical devices and hearing loss technologies
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. Today, Cochlear is a Top 50 ASX-listed company with annual global revenues exceeding AUD$1 billion. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Production Shift Manager with people management experience to hit the ground running and contribute to our growing business. You will be working with a collaborative and diverse group of people reporting to a supportive manager who will give you the autonomy you need to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic and customer centric environment.
The Production Shift Manager is responsible for providing daily direction to teams in their production area and shift responsibility, leading and motivating their production area as well as developing the capability of Production Trainers, production Team Leaders and Electronic Assemblers.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Engagement of production employees and 5 team leaders to run Kaizen events
- Collaboration with other departments such warehouse, supply, procurement, design and NPI
- Point of Escalation for all production issues
- Ensure effective use of common and standardised management processes such as rotation plans, shift start up/shut down, shift handover, 5S standards, pillar charts, pin mapping and flexibility matrix
- Monitor overtime allocation and ensure process adheres to the overtime allocation process for production staff, including team leaders
- Ensure performance issues are managed promptly and necessary actions are implemented
Why is this role right for you?
- Demonstrated experience working in a manufacturing environment ideally in pharmaceuticals, medical device, FMCG or Food & Beverages
- Tertiary qualification in Manufacturing Management or Trade
- Demonstrated experience in managing people with strong communications skills
- High attention to detail with capacity to multitask to ensure strong planning and organising and problem solving skills
- Ideally, experience working in global organisations with exposure to working within a QMS framework
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now