Clinical Technical Specialist- Rehabilitation Specialist
Job no: 609289
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Audiology, Middle East & Africa, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Use your knowledge and experience in Speech and Language Pathology to work for a world leader and make a difference to people around the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Clinical Technical Specialist- Rehabilitation Specialist with Cochlear Implant experience to join our Cochlear Dubai team.
Your challenge will be to deliver outstanding rehabilitation care for adult and paediatric patients with Cochlear Implant & Baha. You must be qualified to minimum MSc level in Speech and Language Pathology, or MSc degree in Audiology with Rehabilitation training and have proven track record in clinical practice.
You will be responsible to provide Rehabilitation support to clients at the Cochlear Middle East Clinical Support Facility; this will also extend to clinical and technical support (including: clinical technical support/troubleshooting, fitting/testing, software installation, training, etc.). While based in Dubai, the position also performs activities beyond this scope, including the support of Rehabilitation Training and Events in the general Middle East & Africa region.
The position further supports the Sales Team to achieve a better market penetration of the profoundly and severely hearing impaired population in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the region by developing the general understanding of the products in the market
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct Rehabilitation service at Cochlear Middle East Clinical Support Facility.
- Perform on-going training and support on Cochlear rehabilitation material and the clinical implementation of therapy in clinics across the region. And support the training and coaching of HCPs as part of Cochlear Academy courses and other training events
- Visit audiology and speech therapy departments and other key stakeholders on regular basis.
- Active and passive participation in national, regional and international congresses and workshops.
- Support hearing centers and similar institutions in understanding and applying Cochlear’s recommendations with regard to a successful treatment of patients at all stages required to obtain the best possible outcomes with Cochlear products.
- Support local and regional clinics to start new implantable hearing solutions programs by using well established models of rehabilitation from experienced clinics.
- Continuously provide guidance to distributors, clinic personnel and other relevant stakeholders on how to communicate information to end-users and other third parties about Cochlear implants, Baha, rehabilitation material, and future products.
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Technical and Research Manager and the guidance of the Clinical Support Facility Manager, identify and support clinical trials opportunities, to arrange cooperation on selected research topics where possible. Work within existing processes for clinical trials and international cooperation, considering local or regional regulations.
- Implement marketing strategies and outreach initiatives to promote clinic and increase demand.
- Maintain regular personal contacts with key personnel, i.e. Directors, ENT, Surgeons, Audiologist, Engineers, Speech Therapist, Psychologists and other Health Care Professionals who are part of teams offering implantable hearing solutions.
- Create and maintain an environment which will ensure the safety of patients and other health care workers using evidence based infection prevention and control knowledge to reduce the risk of infection.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: Arabian Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now