Test Systems Engineer
Job no: 609297
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Oceania, Individual Contributor, Engineering
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
A new opportunity has become available for a Test Systems Engineer to work as part of our Cochlear Brisbane Operations based in Newstead. In this permanent role, you will be responsible for providing efficient and high quality electronics and test system services to support the Manufacturing division. The Test Systems engineer is responsible across maintenance support, development projects, and quality and regulatory requirements.
- Repairing and upgrading test systems & electronic equipment to ensure all production equipment is running to full capacity
- Providing solutions to identified production problems with particular reference to day-to-day running of the processes as identified in Fast Response and Activity lists
- Designing improvements to existing electronic systems and developing basic electronic systems to improve production
- Reviewing development test system designs to ensure they meet production requirements with regard to execution time, maintainability, OH&S, reliability and documentation
- Participating in Test System D&D activities during test system development & verification
- Understanding test systems requirements from Regulatory and Quality systems perspective by interacting with these functions and formulating V&V process and documentations
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- A degree in electronics engineering or similar
- Experience in maintenance or development of medical electronics test systems
- Ability to repair PCs at board level, software installation, basic networking, and configuration of PCs from OS installation to full operation
- Experience in electronic equipment maintenance, including repair of PC based test equipment and the electronics subsystems
- Understanding of, and ability to upgrade, LabView, Test Stand, C and C++, and Python software
- Familiarity with medical industry standards and test system qualification requirements
- A high level communication and collaboration skills
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active, high-tech, manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now