Senior Business Analyst
Job no: 609316
Work type: Fixed Term Contract, Permanent
Categories: Oceania, People Manager
Seeking an experienced IT Business Analyst to facilitate a high profile global expansion of our business in the APAC region.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is mentally stimulating and emotionally worthwhile.
A great opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Business Analyst to join our Global IT team in Sydney and participate on a high-profile project with significant visibility across the organisation. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, you will work closely with key business and IT stakeholders, running workshops, defining user requirements and helping deliver solutions. The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Defining and documenting business requirements based on user needs, estimating cost and changes to existing applications, systems & platforms
- Developing business cases, justification and cost analysis and presenting them to the business and IT stakeholders
- Defining functional, non-functional and transition solution requirements and managing the solution delivery lifecycle
- Evaluating new technology solutions, preparing gap analysis reports and providing recommendations on their fit with current and desired business processes
- Reviewing and improving existing business processes
- Supporting Program/Project Managers and managing some low complexity projects
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree in Business, Commerce, Computing, Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong business analysis background, with an ability to consume information from disparate sources and generate cohesive requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying, researching, evaluating and recommending new solutions.
- Experience writing detailed documentation including business requirements, functional requirements, and relevant governance documentation.
- Experience working on large scale complex projects
- Experience managing complex and diverse stakeholders
- Experience managing low complexity projects or leading streams of work
- Experience working in a global organisations with remote teams
- Knowledge of ERP systems and processes
- Knowledge of manufacturing and/or supply chain
- Knowledge of project management methodologies
- Good problem solving and analysis
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills including stakeholder management and influencing
- Demonstrated critical thinking
To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively and offer flexible benefits such as salary continuance insurance, salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, employee support services, Cochlear Advantage employee discount program, educational assistance (conditions apply) and flexible work policy.
To apply for the position please complete the application form online. Once you complete your application, our comprehensive recruitment process includes:
- Application reviews
- Capability assessment
- Confirmation of qualifications and work rights
To keep up to date on the status of your application, log into our recruitment portal at any time.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now