Job Title: Talent Development Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear build organizational talent and capability, we are recruiting for a Talent Development Specialist in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll apply your facilitation experience to manage and deliver exceptional learning experiences for Cochlear employees. You’ll work collaboratively with your Talent Development peers and internal business partners including managers, supervisors, and individual contributors to meet the learning needs of new and existing employees. This role is responsible for facilitating and updating onboarding programs and building relationships to become a trusted advisor to internal business partners.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of ADDIE, facilitation techniques, technical systems, customer service, mentoring, learning assessment, and new employee onboarding. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've quickly learned and applied Cochlear-specific knowledge, as well as adult learning expertise, to become a valued resource to your learners and their leaders.
Plan, organize, deliver and update onboarding and other training programs for employees.
Present information using a variety of instructional techniques or formats, such as role playing, simulations, group discussions, videos, or lectures.
Quickly learn, implement and teach others to use technology including CRM, document management, LMS, office suite, and other software.
Obtain, organize, develop or update training materials.
Identify training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, or consultation with managers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- 2+ years of experience in the learning and development field, or internal Cochlear experience.
- A proven record of creating and delivering engaging learning experiences that drive results.
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and to maintain them over time.
- Logical, empathetic, and data-informed approach to problem-solving.
- Open to giving and receiving feedback; supports others in developing the same skill.
- Effective verbal and written communication tailored to varied audiences, including managers, peers, and learners.
- Able to adapt to changes in business needs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience working in Salesforce and/or Oracle.
- Service-oriented: you actively look for ways to help people and are inspired by Cochlear’s mission.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.