Regional Accounting Manager
Job no: 609416
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, North America, South & Central America, Asia Pacific, Oceania, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa, People Manager
This is a great opportunity to make a difference and gain valuable commercial experience in the fast paced Medical Device industry. If you enjoy consolidating processes and leveraging effectiveness across multiple business areas, this could be an ideal opportunity for you. You will have three direct reports and scope to drive change in a wider European team. We envisage that the successful individual will have audit experience in one of the big 4 at Manager level plus 3/4 years commercial exposure. Reporting to the Regional Finance Controller, this position is responsible for leading the financial reporting operations of the EMEA region, ensuring a “Best in Class” organisation is created and maintained through implementing solutions to further develop, maintain and improve customer satisfaction, reduce cost and optimise finance processes. This includes maintenance of an appropriate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare and submit timely and complete monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for internal management reporting purposes.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts for the UK group companies.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the interim and annual audits as well as all other financial requests for information.
- Contribute to the preparation of appropriate reports (for internal and external audiences) which summarise company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expense, balance sheet and other and earnings based on past and present operations.
- Act as a role model to ensure regional finance and the rest of the business is in compliance with applicable law, rules and regulations and Cochlear’s Finance Policies and Code of Conduct.
- Maintain a system of controls over all accounting transactions and business practices that impact the financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with Global and Regional accounting policies and procedures and document and maintain local accounting procedures as appropriate or where different or in addition to group policies.
- Ensure that all EMEA entities are aligned in their reporting and policies.
- Internal follow up / audit is carried out regularly by establishing and maintaining an annual review program.
- Overall responsibility for the preparation of account reconciliations that support financial statements and monthly review of EMEA account reconciliations.
- Create and deliver a road map of continuous improvement focused on delivering new and more effective ways of delivering financial partnering to the Corporate, Regional and Country management teams.
- Travel as required to train and review Country teams on local and regional accounting policies, procedures
- Working collaboratively with other groups throughout the organisation to ensure that all financial transactions and controls are being recorded properly in the financial statements
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled monthly and reported for review by the Regional Financial Controller EMEA
- Responsible for the month end sales and COGS reconciliation process between the Hyperion and Oracle systems
Finance Systems and Processes:
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement framework for the finance systems and processes through sharing best practice and gaining agreement to the one best way and ensuring adherence with this on an ongoing basis.
- Act as subject matter expert for the financial reporting tools (Oracle, Essbase, Smartview, GL Wand and other finance systems and tools)
- Work closely with the IT Applications Analyst to suggest ways in which processes and procedures can be improved in all systems used by the team
- Champion change, actively share ideas and plans with colleagues, and encourage multiple perspectives to find new and better ways to deliver results.
- Facilitate Career development of self and direct reports ensuring all members are actively managing to a career and development plan
- Set clear objectives and responsibilities linked to the Organisational goals and ensure continuous performance review and engagement of direct reports
- Attract and engage quality employees with the best skills and qualifications to ensure that Cochlear standards and values are met and exceeded
- Continuous professional development
- Qualified to ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Experience in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Commercial experience including financial analysis and the controllership function
- In-depth experience of Group reporting and the associated accounting issues
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts in accordance with UK GAAP and IFRS
- Experience of Oracle accounting software
- Experience in managing and developing the accounting team
- Experience with Essbase, Smartview and other reporting tools
- Experience with a diverse, multinational company
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now