Insurance Authorization Team Lead
Job no: 609441
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Reimbursement, North America, Individual Contributor
Job Title: Insurance Authorization Team Lead
To be successful in this role, you’ll work collaboratively with cross functional teams and leadership to provide world-class service and support to our recipients while ensuring the Reimbursement Operations organization is performing efficiently. This leadership role is responsible for developing and supporting exceptional service to all team members and external customers by acting with a sense of urgency to respond and appropriately address customer inquiries and/or escalations while demonstrating a high degree of knowledge, integrity, and empathy in all aspects of team performance and operations.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of Reimbursement activity and the insurance claim process. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've successfully led your team to achieve monthly target goals and objectives.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for all team members while also serving as primary representatives of Reimbursement Operations organization on cross-functional initiatives and UATs.
- Primary point of contact for escalation management.
- Demonstrated ability to accomplish any/all Reimbursement team member responsibilities.
- Ability to understand Coordination of Benefits, including in depth understanding of In/Out of Network Benefits and how they relate to co-insurance and deductibles due.
- Provide statistical and performance feedback on a regular basis to supervisor for each team member.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- 3+ years of experience in verifications, authorizations and insurance programs (Medicare, Medicaid and Commercial Insurance Payors)
- 1+ year(s) of relative Customer Service experience
- Excellent computer skills (preferably in Microsoft Office) and experience utilizing common office resources (phone, fax, copier, and email)
- Ability to work independently, possess strong organizational skills, successfully multi-task, and prioritize appropriately for yourself and others
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills with both internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and balance / manage multiple, changing priorities
- Must be detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines and support others driving to metrics and goals
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Relocation: Relocation for this position is not available.
Travel: Minimal < 5%
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now