Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company, and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to support cochlear implant recipients and improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for a Warehouse Manager in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you will effectively manage the processing of external and internal customer orders. You’ll work collaboratively with global supply chain operations, vendors and local teams to ensure the best in class customer service and operational excellence. As a people manager, this role is responsible for receiving, inventory, order processing, safety, and team development.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of supply chain operations, warehousing, logistics, people management and customer service.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Lead and work alongside the warehouse team in order to adequately meet schedules and deadlines.
- Provide leadership by demonstrating high standards of work practices and safety conscious behavior.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, safety and housekeeping of the warehouse and meeting quality and quantity standards.
- Manage order processing from receiving through shipment to the recipient.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by visual inspection, counting, scanning, and other techniques.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve inventory inaccuracies, order release, and order discrepancies.
- Document issues and report back to supplier, internal procurement and quality teams, and customs if applicable.
- Set standards (KPIs) and manage staff performance to these standards. Give clear feedback on job performance, and coordinate daily activities ensuring adherence with department policy and procedures.
- Drive and support continuous improvements and projects within Supply Chain.
- Work cross-functionally with the Customer Experience Operations team to elevate the experience of Cochlear’s customers.
- Drive the development of global / regional Supply Chain Operations standards and align processes based on Lean principles and external benchmarks.
- Use forklift, scan gun, computer, and proper handling procedures to safely store or pull inventory in an organized and efficient manner. Take precautions to avoid inaccuracies or damage to product or equipment, whether storing or shipping product.
- Manage the hiring, training, and coaching of staff to maintain safety, efficiency, and accuracy goals.
- Represents and promotes a positive image of the Company at all times.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ year(s) of warehouse supervision or group-leading experience
- OSHA experience
- Intermediate level of computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent track record of building trust and collaboration within an organization
- Highly adept at understanding critical inventory control procedures and management of individuals critical to ensuring proper inventory procedure
- Six Sigma / Lean knowledge
- FDA Quality Systems experience with medical device in an operational setting
- Knowledge with Oracle ERP systems
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.