Job no: 609462
Work type: Fixed Term Contract
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
We are seeking an experienced Surface Mount Technology (SMT) Process Engineer working within the New Product Introduction (NPI) team at our Cochlear Brisbane Manufacturing division, based in Newstead. This operation manufactures all external accessory components.
This position will be offered on a fixed term contract of approximately 12 months.
Under the leadership of the Lead NPI Engineer, you will introduce new products into manufacturing along with design, development and introduction of robust process solutions to meet business requirements. You will be part of the NPI Electronics Assembly team, within the Supply Chain & Operational Excellence Division. You will be working directly with Project Managers, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Test Engineering, and Manufacturing Teams, and define the SMT processes for IPC Class 2 and 3 Electronic Assemblies
- Development of SMT processes, including screen printing, solder dispensing, pick and place, reflow and underfill for Cochlear Electronic Assemblies
- Supporting the selection, and qualification of assembly processes, including the selection and evaluation and commissioning of equipment
- Understanding and supporting user needs requirements, including design, manufacturing and quality
- Driving best practice methodologies to proactively prevent quality excursions as the technology ramps
- Working cross-functionally with NPI, R&D, Mechanical, Electronic and Production Engineering teams and support new product industrialisation
- Writing of assembly specifications, qualification reports, and production documentation
- Interact with design teams to perform design review and feedback for Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Create, conduct, and analyse Design of Experiments (DOE) for development activities.
- Perform Process Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ)
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or similar technical background
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in SMT Electronic Assembly
- Demonstrated competencies in design, innovation, validation, problem solving, manufacturing / business process development and personal influence
- Experience in working within a Quality Management system and Production Management system
- Experience with risk assessment and project management tools
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in advanced packaging technologies for Chip On Board applications
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in similar role within a highly regulated industry
- Exposure within the medical device industry and an understanding of GMP
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now