Strategic Sourcing Lead (Indirect Procurement)
Job no: 609464
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and make a difference and be part of our strategic global sourcing function. Direct responsibility for the indirect sourcing for the EMEA region - but collaborating with colleagues across the globe. We need someone who acts local but thinks global. You will be responsible for managing effective sourcing strategies and supplier relationships with direct responsibility for commercial, contractual, legal and financial outcomes – ensuring Cochlear achieves maximum value from its supplier arrangements. You will evidence strong communication skills and have the ability to build positive stakeholder relationships. One of your largest internal stakeholders will be our fantastic Marketing Team!
- Provide input to and implement strategic sourcing and operational plans which integrates with the overall business strategy; identifying opportunities to support and implement programs that significantly reduce operating and capital expenditure.
- Develop, Implement and manage appropriate strategies and processes to ensure relationships with key suppliers deliver value added, competitive solutions which enable Cochlear’s strategic and operational objectives to be met; inclusive of RFP processes.
- Be a Partner to the EMEA business and leadership teams to conduct analysis and develop business cases for key regional and global initiatives.
Design and Implement Supplier Alliance frameworks and practices across Cochlear to drive business objectives and performance
- Oversee the development of appropriate sourcing / procurement / purchasing management systems and categories. Be responsible for clearly defined and documented procurement processes.
- Influence internal stakeholders and internal customers to adopt and comply with sourcing/procurement/purchasing management systems and process documentation developed.
- Look cross functionally for solutions, engage and influence multiple business units for a better outcome.
- Implement within the Indirect team a customer service mind set/framework with Internal Cochlear stakeholders to increase the likelihood of adoption of and compliance to management systems and process documentation.
- Measure, monitor and report on customer satisfaction and vendor performance and implement continuous improvement strategies
- Provide commercial advice/direction, risk analysis and assistance with dispute resolution to internal Cochlear teams in relation to supplier and contract management.
Establish new supplier relationships that add value to Cochlear
- Acquire market knowledge for new and alternative indirect services whose adoption might improve company efficiency, productivity or cost
- Understand specific markets, landscapes, drivers, alternative business models and complexities to deliver supplier innovation, improved quality and cost to the business
- Implement supplier agreements, embed a flexible and robust supplier relationship management program across key suppliers and categories
Metrics and Reporting
- Work with the global Procurement teams to define the related data, information and reporting necessary to support the Supplier Performance management processes.
- Support the global Procurement team to deliver reporting and data integrity to the wider Business Units.
You will need to have:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent work experience) in a relevant discipline (business, management, legal, commercial)
- Experience in a commercial environment, incorporating project, service delivery, technology or supplier management
- Astute in the management and operation of suppliers with proven ability to assess the capability suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong negotiation skills with a proven track record in supplier management
- Sound understanding of supplier contracts and the initiative to seek timely advice on technical and operational perspectives from both internal and external sources to ensure the most favourable commercial outcomes
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A strong communicator, able to build positive stakeholder relationships
- Able to represent Cochlear and successfully deal with sensitive commercial negotiations
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now