At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing.
Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
We Offer Challenging Work with Real Meaning
The work we do at Cochlear helps people with hearing loss to connect to others and live full lives. Whether you are involved in designing devices, manufacturing quality products, providing services to customers or supporting business processes, the work at Cochlear is mentally stimulating and emotionally worthwhile.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytical Chemist in our R&D department. In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by taking the challenge of planning, organising and executing internal and external laboratory testing.
This new opportunity has now opened in order to support the product development of the Implants department; to bring to market novel implants with improved material and performance characteristics, while achieving compliance of products to international standards and regulations.
Your responsibilities in this role will include yet not be limited to;
• Development, Analysis and Testing- ensuring a clear link between requirements for implants incorporating pharmaceuticals and test results clearly demonstrating Cochlear complies with those requirements
• Ensuring other Cochlear personnel have appropriate awareness of pharmaceutical products
• Analytical Testing- ensure in house testing is completed at the right time to the right standard as well as set up and run an internal analytical chemistry lab
• Personal Impact and Communication- ability to write clear concise reports and explain results effectively to other personal.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Tertiary qualification in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Analytical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or equivalent.
• Ability to develop, validate, implement and transfer analytical test methods
• More than five years’ experience in pharmaceutical industries or related fields.
• Experience ensuring testing is performed and reported to recognised standards e.g .GLP, NATA.
• Strong inter-personal and time management skills
What will make you stand out?
• PhD in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or equivalent.
• A thorough understanding of analytical techniques including HPLC, Mass Spectroscopy and dissolution testing
• Experience in the development of medical devices or pharmaceuticals.
• Knowledge of the combination device regulations such as: 21 CFR Part 820, EU Medical Device Directive
• Experience running an analytical test lab
• Experience setting up an analytical test lab
• Strong Technical Writing Skills
What can you expect from this role?
The opportunity to develop innovative medical implant design solutions, solve challenging technical problems and work effectively in a team environment.
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that you can tailor to suit your individual needs. As we grow, we are looking for people with highly specialised skills who share our passion for changing the lives of our customers. To apply please submit your application online.