Customer Support Specialist
Job no: 609665
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Customer Service, North America, Individual Contributor
Job Title: Customer Support Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other.
About the role
If you are looking to make a difference in people’s lives, then the Customer Support Specialist role is right for you. Our customers rely on us to provide responsive and complete service to ensure their needs are met in a timely manner. You'll directly connect with the customer primarily through telephone conversation, along with email and chat functionality. You should expect to take 30-35 calls per day.
To be successful in this role, you will learn in the first 90 days the skills to troubleshoot, provide product guidance, and process customer orders while demonstrating a high degree of empathy, sensitivity, and perseverance. This role consistently uses critical thinking and problem solving capabilities to ensure complex customer inquiries are resolved effectively.
- Location: Centennial, CO at our Americas Head Office
- Comprehensive training classes are 4 weeks long and include classroom and hands-on instruction.
- Schedule: This full-time position requires flexibility to work an eight hour shift between 6:00am-6:00pm, Monday through Friday. In order to best serve our customers, occasional overtime may be required, including Saturday mornings from 8:00am-12:00pm.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at an interview:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of prior experience in a service-orientated role
- Positive phone demeanor and proven ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues to defuse and resolve customer service inquiries in a timely, effective manner
- Intermediate computer skills in various software packages, including Microsoft Office, Oracle software and various web-based programs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Empathy for customers throughout their hearing journey.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- One year of experience working in the medical field
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Maternity and Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Advertised: Mountain Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now