Senior Software Verification Engineer
Job no: 609695
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Are you good at what you do? If so, imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to work with Cochlear; an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Software Verification Engineer with experience working in a regulated environment, to build software which is directly responsible for restoring hearing in the hearing impaired. You will be contributing to our growing and experienced R&D team, working with a collaborative and diverse group of people, to deliver successful software products to benefit our hearing recipients.
Why is this role right for you?
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field of computing for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics OR
- At least 6 years’ experience in a full lifecycle commercial software development environment.
- You have an eye for exceptional software quality, reliability, and user-centric design principles.
- Enjoy thinking outside of the box with a sense of curiosity from a customers’ perspective.
- You take pride in what you and have a real desire to build expertise in software verification of product and lead a way of moving forward with this.
- Test and verify software solutions running on iOS, Android, and cloud services - and their interconnections.
- Perform testing across all test cycles; Integration, Verification, Regression and Validation. Drive and perform exploratory testing.
- Identify and co-ordinate the best means of verification from a quality and business case mentality: Execute manual testing where required, with an eye to moving what is feasible to automated testing. Where not feasible to automate, utilise the best workforce to complete considering internal and external resources and skillset.
- Draft, review, and finalise verification reports, exploratory test reports, verification summaries or other means of formal verification reporting.
- Work closely with small groups, including external contractors to develop system and software features.
- Plan, manage and review software documentation to ensure capturing of testing
- Act as a mentor to junior team members and assume a personal responsibility for the success of the team.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive environment, then you won’t be disappointed working for Cochlear. This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day to Hear Now, and Always.
Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now