ASIC Project Manager
Job no: 609736
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Program/Project Management, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
This is a unique opportunity to join Cochlear as an ASIC Project Manager and be at the forefront of new developing technologies, working across the full hearing implant portfolio, in a dynamic market with scope to set strategy and take ownership of high-profile projects. Based at our Mechelen site, you will have demonstrable experience in project management, ideally within medical device or semiconductor industry, and work closely with partners, suppliers and contractors to achieve project goals.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with a disabling hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 450.000 patients have stepped through the door of the hearing world. With the current low take up of hearing implants, the growth potential of the company is bright.
- Continually liaise and develop positive working relationships with external ASIC design, foundries, test and supply vendors to ensure that they deliver the highest quality and on schedule
- Work with design vendors to ensure their checklists guarantee that they deliver quality designs
- Work with vendors to encourage Cochlear’s systems level perspective on their part
- Work with vendors to develop a strong focus on verification of requirements
- Work with vendors to ensure their documentation is appropriate for Cochlear’s quality system
Deployment of Product and Technology Strategy
- Support planning of Product and Technology roadmaps
- Develop a deep understanding of Cochlear’s Product roadmap through personal involvement and engagement.
- Ensure valuable IP is captured and disclosed in line with Cochlear’s IP processes.
- Contribute to future ASIC platform definition and directions for Cochlear products.
- Keep him/herself updated on IC and Package Technologies relevant to current and future projects
- Comply with Cochlear’s design control process: Product Innovation Process (PIP)
- Comply with Cochlear V&V (Verification & Validation) quality standards
- Clear documentation & reporting of developments and progress
- Master in electronic engineering degree or equivalent by experience
- Experience with supplier & subcontractor contacts
- Proven experience in project and people management
- 5-10 years’ experience in industry, preferable medical devices
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Interest in implantable medical device design
- Quality minded, focused on details
- Pragmatic problem solver and pro-active / team player
- Flexible and able to adapt fast to changing contexts
- Excellent knowledge of technical English
- Willingness to travel 5%
- Ability to set direction for a technology to support global strategy
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to set up and manage collaborative technology projects
- Strong skills in cross-functional thinking and problem solving
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now