Job Title: Sr. Process Improvement Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear improve operational efficiency and staff education of Lean Six Sigma (LSS) practices, we are recruiting for a Sr. Process Improvement Manager in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to lead LSS projects and achieve measurable results, coach practitioners through their LSS training journey as well as infuse the LSS mindset amongst all levels of the organization. You’ll do this by working collaboratively with all areas affected by the project including business leaders and business functions. This manager role will have the opportunity to own project outcomes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while at the same time building a best-in-class operating model for project improvement.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of LSS. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've successfully led multiple projects by blending the art and the science of LSS to drive the delivery of a high-quality, customer centric set of deliverables.
Prioritize, lead and deploy Lean Six Sigma (LSS) projects/initiatives for commercial and business functions
- Work with leaders to gain real-time Voice of the Customer(s) (VOC) and translate VOC into quantifiable and measurable Critical to Quality characteristics (CTQs)
- Define and prioritize LSS projects in partnership with management and executive leadership.
- Champion LSS initiatives with operational resources.
- Lead LSS projects independently and coach LSS projects to deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability to reduce defects, variation and cost.
- Develop and implement appropriate process control systems to measure process performance and ensure improvement projects are successful.
- Benchmark best in class tools & methods, and competitive metric performance and share best practices within the business.
- Effectively communicate teams’ progress to Champions, Business Leaders, and LSS leadership
- Partner with leaders and quality champion(s) to develop project deployment strategy, goals and priorities for sustained improvements within assigned areas.
- As a key change agent and facilitator, drive operations to achieve maximum speed of improvement implementations while maintaining and respecting operational ownership of the processes and performance of the business.
- Ensure that LSS team goals are aligned and driven by the goals of the Operational business leaders.
- Identify and prioritize gaps in performance and work with operational leadership to deploy resources to quickly close them.
- Effectively balance quick hit improvements and long term strategic projects to build maximum continuous improvement momentum.
Infuse LSS mindset and practices into the Culture
- Act as a change agent and coach operational leaders to instil LSS culture and principles. Ensure LSS is utilized consistently throughout the business organization.
- Act as a key change agent and advisor to the operational leaders and LSS leadership
- Partner with operating leaders to develop and implement a process measurement system based on critical metrics for every process and team down to the individual level, that are tied directly to Voice of Customer (VOC), with real time visual management.
- Coach operational leaders to drive ownership of LSS initiatives within the operations.
- Share and facilitate best practices throughout organization.
- Create and disseminate breakthrough insights into operating processes to unify and align strategy and operating plans.
- Develop and deliver Lean methodologies, tools and training to be deployed as part of the company's Continuous Improvement initiative.
- Mentor and coach leadership and operating resources to drive sustained improvements via strategy deployment and alignment to incorporate continuous improvement plans.
Deliver improved P&L financial performance
- Completed projects with measurable benefits that meet all operating budget targets. Project benefits will come from reduced cost of poor quality, elimination of waste and increased efficiency
Integrate Customer Experience (CX) methodologies and frameworks in all initiatives and projects. Serve as a mentor to PM team with respect to LSS practices and integration of CX methodologies and frameworks.
- Provide leadership and direction to Green and Black Belt level professionals in assigned area in executing the CX and LSS strategies
- Coach team members to build the Lean, Six Sigma, project management, change facilitation, problem solving and results oriented skill sets.
- Ensure team’s goals are aligned to the goals of the operational teams. Instill the philosophy across the business that LSS is a tool that operational leadership leverages to enable business success.
- Partner with stakeholders to plan, direct, coordinate and control the daily operations of team’s LSS projects to support continuous improvement initiatives.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Black Belt required
- Practical experience with Lean Six Sigma and facilitation in roles of increasing responsibility
- 7+ years of Process Improvement experience with a minimum of 3 years of Project Management experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree; or equivalent experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence without authority
- Must be comfortable with Change Management
- Must be able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and look for ways to improve and promote quality
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.