Business Development Manager, Vietnam
Job no: 609804
Work type: Permanent
Location: Ho Chi Minh
Categories: Sales, Asia Pacific, People Manager
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®)
Cochlear now has a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of our Vietnam business as part of the wider Asia Growth Markets (AGM) team. The Business Development Manager, Vietnam, is responsible for providing clinical and surgical support to Cochlear’s professional partners, implementing the sales strategy for Vietnam by identifying market growth opportunities, managing the product portfolio and life cycle and presenting clinical and business program offerings to internal and external customers.
- Develop and execute the sales and distribution strategy, annual budgets and quarterly forecast for Vietnam.
- Identify market opportunities and develop the sales plan, local objectives, and KPI’s to generate sales and achieve target revenue objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Clinical, Re/Habilitation, and Regulatory) to achieve territory success through product strategies, clinical education and support.
- Build long-term account and KOL relationships by the providing appropriate education and support solutions.
- Provide clinical expertise to our professional partners and surgical support of the Cochlear product portfolio in key/targeted/identified accounts.
- Provide technical and product support for the Cochlear product portfolio through a variety of communication vehicles; in person, email and/or phone. This support may include advising on device programming and candidacy issues, problem solving related to medical/surgical inquiries and device trouble shooting.
- Serves as a contact interface to manage strategic relationship with distributors in partnership with the internal team.
- Identify training needs to achieve business growth through the education of products including technical trainings and products launches for professionals.
- Attract, develop and retain the best team to deliver Cochlear’s current and future business objectives, for example, by:
- Ensuring clarity of expectations for individuals and team
- Providing regular feedback on performance
- Monitoring and working towards growth and success to build individual and team capability
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare or relevant field
- 5+ years of outstanding sales management experience in healthcare or related field
- Proven 2+ years of managing people in a complex environment
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication skills with fluency in English and Vietnamese
- Proven track record of building and nurturing stakeholder relationships – internal and external
- Experience in creating successful business plans and sales plan objectives
- Team manager in a multi-national organization, within the Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or Medical Device field
- Master’s Degree in Business Management or relevant program
- Experience in clinical or operating room environment
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to work in a highly dynamic multinational organisation that is the a global leader in implantable hearing solutions. You will have the ability to collaborate with local and global stakeholders in a customer centric environment. You will be well-positioned to influence the growth story of the business, with ample opportunities for growth and career progression.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions. The company has a global workforce of more than 3,500 people worldwide and invests more than AUD$160 million each year in research and development. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted
Advertised: SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: SE Asia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now