Job no: 609824
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Receptionist to join the team, to ensure effective functioning of the switchboard and friendly reception of visitors and the smooth and effective operation of all necessary administrative work at the reception desk and for the Facilities Team.
*Please note this is a part-time role 1-6pm*
- Answer all incoming calls in a timely fashion. Redirect and announce calls distribute messages via Skype or email
- Learning maximum use of telephone functions and train staff
- Contact IT Department to assist with the solving of problems with the telephone system
- Visitor management
- Keeping reception area and mailroom tidy and free of clutter at all times
- Mail and fax messages; open, allocate and distribute. Announce incoming couriers
- Control, assign and sign all reception related invoices
- Support Facilities Manager in cost control and optimization projects
- Keeping reception handbook up-to-date at any time
- Supply administrative support as required by the Facilities Team
- Assist the Facilities Team with issuing of purchase orders and receipting of these orders
- Manage carpark boom gates intercom requests
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience as a corporate receptionist
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Flexible, reliable and resourceful attitude
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience with Oracle is advantageous.
In turn, you will have the opportunity to work across a diverse, challenging and rewarding organisation. At Cochlear, your career will be making a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has over 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 475,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now