Job no: 609836
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
The Procurement Buyer performs operational and transactional procurement activities from new product development / projects through to the ongoing supply of quality goods and services, in this role you will:
- Effectively partner with both internal and external stakeholders and take overall accountability for transactional procurement activities for the assigned product portfolio, categories and suppliers.
- Provide operational procurement support to Procurement Specialists and Leads to enable them to effectively manage key strategic categories and suppliers.
- Seek to develop, implement and execute procurement processes and strategies to optimise and continually improve the performance of the Procurement function.
The successful candidate for this role will hold:
- Sound ERP system knowledge (Oracle preferred)
- Knowledge of and exposure to high-tech manufacturing or engineering-focused manufacturing environments.
- A strong communicator, able to build positive stakeholder relationships, able to represent Cochlear and successfully deal with sensitive commercial negotiations
- Demonstrated experience in procurement, building and maintaining commercial relationships and influencing internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Astute in the management and operation of suppliers with ability to assess the capability of suppliers and commercial proposals
- Strong prioritization and problem solving skills in a fast paced production environment
- Demonstrated negotiation skills
What will make you stand out?
- Advanced sourcing methodologies and models.
- Exposure to quality and regulatory systems for medical device companies.
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies or other continuous improvement tools and thinking.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now