Change people’s lives and love what you do as Digital Health and Software Product Manager! In this role you will contribute to the strategy and ideation behind the development of digital health. The PM must develop a deep understanding of the needs of Cochlear’s customers and professional partners, as well as the commercial and strategic needs of the organisation to drive brand choice and growth for Cochlear. The PM provides expertise, regional support across EMEA and acts as a champion for their portfolio of products.
As the global leader in hearing solutions, it is our vision to bring the gift of sound to people with moderate to profound hearing loss worldwide. Today, more people wear Cochlear hearing implants than any other brand, confidently relying on Cochlear's promise of lifetime customer support - Hear now. And always.
Market Knowledge, Insights, and Engagement
Support the Group Product Manager in developing the overall regional product marketing strategy and in managing the product marketing plans, acting as the main interface between direct/indirect sales regions and regional/ corporate departments
Develop a sound knowledge within the implantable hearing solutions market and monitor trends.
Regularly examine and assess competitor organisations and their digital products (including patient-facing mobile apps and in-clinic software) to proactively identify competitive threats and establish appropriate responses.
Monitor and analyse trends in usage of products and/or services within assigned portfolio and develop insights on how this information could be applied to Cochlear’s products and services in order to extend Cochlear’s leadership position in this area.
Understand national and regional market dynamics.
Gain a sound knowledge of clinical practice and workflow challenges.
Product strategy planning, new product development and launch
Develop and execute a strategic product plan (including product definition, development, and commercialisation) for the assigned portfolio of digital products.
Develop and present business cases to senior management to support the introduction of a new product or service.
Define and articulate the regional product development requirements in an accurate, market-relevant, and compelling manner and work closely with the global Marketing & R&D teams to ensure the regional requirements and customer needs are incorporated.
Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to manage the development of assets, initiatives, work packages and programs to deliver new product launches.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Develop and maintain a knowledge database for the assigned portfolio of digital products so that all internal stakeholders (e.g. R&D, marketing, sales, clinical, regulatory) have access to, and are encouraged to use, the most up-to-date information.
- Manage the product lifecycle with continued focus on value maximisation and customer centricity.
- Monitor the commercial success of relevant products and services, with a focus on uptake, sales, influence on brand choice, and growth of the overall implantable hearing solutions category.
- Work with local & regional stakeholders, sharing ideas/successes as well as how to overcome obstacles globally.
- Provide regular product and commercialisation updates to senior management and wider Regional Marketing team.
- Work with global and regional stakeholders to resolve product and customer issues.
- Continually strive for ROI maximisation by seeking out opportunities to leverage synergies between products and services (even if outside assigned product portfolio).
- Amongst others, this position is responsible for our main programming solution Custom Sound but also for new innovative solutions in the field of Artificial Intelligence assisted Fitting and Connected Care.
Be the regional key subject matter expert for Connected Care.
Support regional, and local product training activities.
Collaborate with Global & Local Marketing colleagues to develop:
- Marketing tools for internal and external stakeholders, as required (e.g. marketing collateral, sales aids, conference presentations, etc.)
- Compelling ways for regional and local teams to demo and explain the value of digital products to prospective customers (e.g. flash demos, video tutorials, etc.)
- Field communications to address product/service issues, should they arise
In addition, work closely with cross functional teams, such as the Clinical Affairs & Research, the Operations and Market Access teams.
Provide product expertise and leadership at launch events, conferences, seminars, and other industry events.
Lead, monitor and coordinate with our clinical & technical support team pilot projects in the field of Connected Care.
Above all, enthusiastically evangelise and embody the ethos of Cochlear’s digital product portfolio
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or other relevant technical field (or equivalent through experience). Ideally, degree with focus on medical devices and/or MBA degree.
- Industry knowledge (Cochlear Implants or Hearing Aids) or audiology knowledge is a plus.
- Experience at a senior marketing level either in a health/technology environment, or a software product/service environment, with regional/global responsibilities.
- Ideally, Experience with the development/marketing/sales of tangible products or services.
- Ideally, Experience with project management tools.
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement capability, including prior experience influencing senior executive leadership teams
- Ability to understand complex products/services and to identify and assess commercial opportunities
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills in intercultural context
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Creative and can-do mindset
- Other European languages are an asset.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.