Information Security Analyst
Job no: 609862
Work type: Permanent
Categories: IT, Oceania, Individual Contributor
At Cochlear we are passionate about hearing. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives.
We have an opportunity for an Information Security Analyst within our IT Risk & Security Governance team. In this role you will help Cochlear to realise its mission by developing and implementing a security strategy to address all aspects of information confidentiality, availability, and integrity. The team creates security policies, standards, and guidelines, maintains an information security risk register, supports Cochlear’s audit and compliance program, and monitors Cochlear’s maturity against globally recognised security standards. . Working within a global organisation as part of a multi-disciplined team, you will be charged with implementing a pragmatic but effective information security program for the organisation.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the development and maturation of security controls across the Cochlear enterprise
- Develop information security policies and standards
- Maintain an information security risk register
- Support Cochlear’s regulatory audit and compliance program
- Manage Cochlear’s information security controls, control exemptions, and compliance metrics
- Support day to day security operations, providing level 2-3 support for end users
- Assist in the management of information security incidents, investigations and reporting.
- Educate other IT staff in information security standards and best practices.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree qualified in a related IT discipline.
- Applicable certifications (CISSP strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years commercial experience in information technology, with at least 3 years specialising in information security.
- A working knowledge of information risk management
- A working knowledge of security standards such as ISO27001
- Familiarity with audit and compliance work, preferably as a member of an audit or compliance team
- Familiarity with privacy legislation and requirements such as HIPAA and GDPR
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills
- A functional understanding of Internet and network security systems and tools including firewalls, WAFs, encryption, and remote access systems.
- A high proficiency working with Microsoft Office tools.
We offer flexible and adaptable benefits that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. Our flexible benefits include Salary continuance insurance, salary sacrifice options, novated leasing, employee support services, Cochlear Advantage employee discount program, educational assistance (conditions apply) and a flexible work policy.
Take the first step towards a career with Cochlear. A career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now