Job no: 609869
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Western Europe, Individual Contributor
The Software Verification Engineer will be responsible for testing innovative and leading edge technology to develop our award winning medical implant hearing solutions. This position is based at our cutting edge technical development operation in Mechelen and will collaborate closely with our global operation. You will be responsible for creating and executing software verification according to protocol, with an emphasis on automation.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions for patients with a disabling hearing loss. Thanks to our expertise and dedication, more than 450.000 patients have stepped through the door of the hearing world. With the current low take up of hearing implants, the growth potential of the company is bright.
In Mechelen, we create innovative technology and platforms that are at the heart of Cochlear’s growth. We serve our internal customers, who are Cochlear Implant, Acoustic and Bone Conduction, and help them to develop a range of hearing implants products at the forefront of technology.
Software Verification Activities
- Design and implement new software tests and test scripts, with a focus on automation.
- Convert manual tests and test scripts to automated versions.
- Execute software verification according to protocol.
- Maintain existing tests and test scripts, protocols and report templates.
- Update verification protocols and documents as new tests are designed and implemented.
- Write software verification reports as required by each software or system release.
- Update other verification status documents.
- Ensure software verification protocols are linked to software requirements specifications
- Regularly review new feature or change requests to ensure software requirements and associated verification requirements are updated and linked.
- Analyze the impact of anomalies to the user and help determine the severity of the anomalies
- Provide input for the verification and safety plan, and for the risk management plans
Software Verification Methodology, Tools and Technology
- Implement verification automation and design for test methodologies.
- Continuously aim to improve protocol and report documents and processes.
- Maintain close links to other worldwide departments in D&D involved with software or software verification activities, and work to align processes and tools between these groups.
- University degree in electronics, software or software engineering.
- Experience as a verification engineer in a software development environment.
- Strong understanding of test automation and automation techniques.
- Familiarity with test tools and test equipment such as oscilloscopes.
- Data analysis and statistics skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Programming skills in C++, C#, Python.
- Experience in software design and implementation.
- Experience with medical device verification, standards and processes.
- Familiarity with audio and speech signals and equipment.
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now