Job no: 609880
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Procurement, Oceania, Individual Contributor
- Supportive and collaborative team with a global reach
- A global leader in medical devices and hearing loss technologies
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. We are seeking an experienced Technical Writer who in this role will create and maintain instructions and documentation for Production Support for Cochlear products. This documentation provides essential information for manufacturing processes and validation activities, enabling the setup and operation of production processes and equipment.
If you want to work in a professional environment that offers you variety and autonomy, then this role is for you.
In this role you will……
- Use your high level technical skills and excellent eye for detail to develop instructions for use which meet all essential business, legal and regulatory requirements and accurately describe complex processes and equipment.
- Work collaboratively with Cochlear stakeholders (Production Engineering, Maintenance and Calibration, Learning and Development, and Quality teams) to prepare documentation for Production Support including: Device Master Records, Design History Files and investigation reports
- Contribute to developing, implementing, maintaining and improving systems and procedures established to ensure consistency of format, style, quality, clarity, safety, and technical accuracy of instructions for use
- Use Cochlear’s Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system (Windchill) to complete the review and approval of documentation
To be successful you will have:
- Degree or higher qualification/equivalent experience, preferably in communications of technical, medical and/or manufacturing fields
- Strong technical writing skills with at least 5 years’ experience and can apply your experience in a product manufacturing environment
- The ability to work with subject matter experts from a variety of disciplines to gather relevant information and seek agreement on instructions for use
- Ideally, Experience in the medical device field or a similar highly regulated business environment
What we can offer……
- An engaging workplace and the opportunity to work with progressive and dedicated colleagues, and where your daily tasks give you purpose
- A variety of opportunities to demonstrate your skills and develop some new ones
- The opportunity to work within large, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Exposure to a medical regulatory environment in a global organisation
- A competitive salary package and benefits
This is your chance to be part of a premier organisation with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something meaningful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now