Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®).
The Learning & Development Specialist will directly report to the Senior Manager of Education & Professional Engagement and will be based at Cochlear HQ in Sydney. In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to support the Asia Pacific (APAC) region as a key advisor on learning platforms, models and solutions. In collaboration with clinical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), the L&D Specialist will work on various projects, process improvement initiatives, support New Product Introductions, provide recommendations aligned to best practices, and manage the LMS and content curation.
- Create and maintain the field staff Induction training offerings and pathways including the pre-learning.
- Liaise with managers to ensure all appropriate new employees are enrolled in the program within the agreed timeframes.
- Design, develop and deliver online training content, in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), as required.
- Facilitate project planning, including monitoring and tracking, and present outcomes to Senior Leaders.
- Support digitalisation and continuously update content, as required
- Assist with reporting, as requested, including creating, maintaining and updating training activity records, ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date and producing reports.
- Partner with the Global Professional Marketing & Education team to support the design and development of digital learning solutions that support NPI initiatives.
- Review and tailor NPI initiative materials for use in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region.
- Support NPI requirements from an LMS perspective, including managing enrolments, organising and setting up classroom/training rooms.
- Assist Clinical Educators with curriculum design and LMS management.
- Review content created by the Clinical Educators and provide recommendations to improve the content, aligning to best practice in adult learning.
- Manage the Learning Management System (LMS) administration
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years’ demonstrated experience in adult learning concepts, instructional design and facilitation
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in LMS administration and management
- Experience with e-learning software tools (e.g. Articulate, Storyline, Captivate, Adobe)
- Strong project management skills with experience managing end to end projects
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a diverse team
In turn, you will have the opportunity to work across a diverse, challenging and rewarding set of markets across the APAC region, directly contribute to the educational strategy and improve understanding of Cochlear’s products and services. You will have the unique opportunity of working at Cochlear regional & global HQ, collaborate on wider Cochlear projects and gain opportunities to grow your career in regional or global roles.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has over 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 475,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered, and qualified candidates will be contacted.