Senior Business Support Specialist
Job no: 609918
Work type: Permanent
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Categories: IT, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As a top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Business Support Specialist to work in Cochlear to contribute and innovate processes for the IT team has arisen in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The successful incumbent will be ensuring the systems are running smoothly, user training, re-enforcing designed processes, administration of accounts, advising engineers, monitoring data/transaction quality within the system, supporting the introduction of new products into the system and supporting the system users with day to day issues.
The Senior Business Support Specialist will be required to support, configure, set up, administer and implement improvements to our IT systems in Manufacturing and the Warehouse.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Investigate the root cause of problems and liaise or coordinate where necessary with internal and external teams and take the necessary actions required to resolve the problem.
- Support Sydney Manufacturing IT users when required.
- Liaise with the Sydney based Business Support Specialists when required to share ideas, solve problems and work on improvement projects.
- Configure IT Systems i.e. Oracle Discrete Manufacturing and related modules as per business requirements while liaise with NPI/Production engineers and Shift Managers for exact requirements
- Provide expertise and advice to engineers for Oracle set up for BOM’s, Routings, Configuration, labelling, Rework and Quality plans.
- Support the Windchill configuration team with the initial set up of Oracle from Windchill and manage integration with Windchill and identify improvement or opportunities for further automation.
- Identify opportunities for process or system improvements and contribute to the development of solutions in partnership with IT and other business stakeholders
- Manage IT enhancements and change requests for Manufacturing and Repair
- Extract data from databases using SQL queries for ad hoc reporting requests from managers and engineers
- Create and run SQL queries for ad hoc report requests, enhancement’s and new reports/dashboards that are being developed by the BI team.
- Create system user work instructions.
- Create and execute test scripts in HPQC for enhancements and upgrades.
- Minimum degree in field of computing (for example, IT, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Informatics) or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in the similar capacity is required for this role.
- Working knowledge/experience in Oracle Discrete Manufacturing, Bill of Materials, Inventory, Item Master and Quality modules is essential.
- Knowledgeable in Lean Manufacturing techniques (e.g pull systems, single piece flow)
- Strong knowledge and experience in SQL coding.
- Good understanding of systems change control procedures eg Windchill
- Experience working on continuous improvement projects is an added advantage.
- High level knowledge of Manufacturing processes and systems
- Working experience in a manufacturing environment and in a highly regulated industry eg electronics or medical devices is highly desirable.
- Experience in FDA regulated environment
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: Singapore Standard Time
Applications close: Singapore Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now