Job Title: Regional Director - TX/OK Region
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role:
We are growing!! Due to internal promotion, we are recruiting for an experienced sales leader to backfill the Regional Director for the TX/OK Region. The successful incumbent will ideally be based in Dallas, Houston, Oklahoma City or other major cities in the region. This role is integral to help Cochlear and our regional team deliver exceptional care to Cochlear’s professional partners, existing recipients and patients in need of implantable hearing technologies.
To be successful in this role, you will provide strategic leadership and set the direction for the regional team that includes an Area Manager, Clinical Territory Managers, and partners cross-functionally with other field team members to include consumer sales and reimbursement/health economics. You are experienced in setting sales direction within a region, to include both growth and market share strategies, and consistently deliver revenue results for your assigned region. Your ability to establish and manage partnerships with key leaders in variety of clinical settings demonstrates your overall results impact. You are experienced in contract negotiations with hospital executives, and are accustomed to working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to finalize pricing. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional partners in the corporate office that include; marketing, customer experience, and clinical studies. Your skills are well developed in a sales training process, ideally Miller-Heiman, and are reflected in your business planning and team performance. You are an engaged and motivated sales leader who enjoys developing team members to deliver results with and through others, in a complex selling environment, to achieve business objectives.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of strategic sales leadership and ability to manage partnerships with key leaders in a variety of clinical settings. You will know you have been successful when your region is achieving growth-and-share-goals, and business plans reflect strategic planning. You develop your regional team members, and the team provides value-add strategies to our professional partners. Ultimately the individuals who need our technology and those that have our technology are well served.
- Operational and sales leadership responsibility for the TX/OK region, its team members and customers
- Hire, coach, and develop the team to effectively deliver results on the business strategy, with expectation for team to perform at a high level while maintaining a strong team connection and accountability for performance outcomes
- Assure compliance with all relevant guidelines and regulations, maintaining a commitment to quality and compliance within the team
- Team members establish and maintain strong customer relationships with assigned accounts (surgeons, audiologists, surgical departments, purchasing)
- Travelswith team members to coach, train and develop relationships with customers while listening for opportunities of strength and development and implementing with territory/regional plans
- Review, approve and present pricing and unit purchase proposals and contract options with team members
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to manage purchase proposals and ensure completion in a timely and compliant manner
- In coordination with marketing leaders, develop and execute successful marketing initiatives and other programs
- Evaluate trends and impact on market to ensure positive outcome
- Understand business trends in the assigned TX/OK region and effectively communicate issues and opportunities to the Cochlear executive team.
- Work with TX/OK regional team to build accurate sales forecasts and manage budgets effectively
To add value to Cochlear, in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Five (5) years in a sales capacity with a minimum of (2) years of field management in medical device or healthcare. Experience partnering with surgeons and OR experience ideal.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to negotiate contracts.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to create and analyze sales plan objectives, strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated experience developing business and sales plan strategies for multiple product lines
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to execute on the plans and achieve sales objectives
- Ability to review detailed sales reports and complete trend analysis. Application of both short and long-term business planning
- Strong team leadership and ability to coach, mentor, train and develop team members
- Demonstrated collaboration and ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and execute product presentations to others
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and on occasion internationally, with travel expectations approximately 60% with overnight stays, and in some instances may exceed that for specified periods of time
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers