Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role:
In order to help Cochlear deliver new service offerings through the implementation of cross-functional, strategic projects we are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager within our Program Management Office located in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to oversee all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and provide a single point of responsibility for those projects. You will take projects from original concept through final implementation and interface with all areas affected by the project including business leaders and business functions. The project manager applies professional principles (PMBOK and Lean Six Sigma), practices, and techniques to lead project teams and manage project execution, schedule, cost, risks, issues, and change management to ensure satisfied customers through effective, dynamic communication. You will have the opportunity to own project outcomes in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while at the same time building a best-in-class operating model for project management.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of leading large, enterprise wide strategic projects through the successful execution of leading projects with command and integrity. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've successfully led multiple projects by blending the art and the science of project management to drive the delivery of a high-quality, customer centric set of deliverables.
- Manage project development from beginning to end. Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders. Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. When needed perform project work ranging from documentation, business analysis, testing, and other work as deemed necessary.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion. Set and manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders on an on-going basis through 1-1, in groups, and in project meetings. Ensure factual, timely, and quality project tracking, analysis, and reporting using a variety of documents and communication strategies. Ensure team has necessary tools to perform.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables. Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations. Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. Communicate impacts of changes so that stakeholders can approve or deny scope change.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work. Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements. Share lessons learned across the organization and develop priorities for continuous project management learning, improvement and innovation.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (daily on-site coffee barista, onsite gym, dry cleaning services and more)
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has a 60% share of the global market, employs more than 2,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 250,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.