Manufacturing Site Director
Job no: 610048
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Asia Pacific, Manager of Managers
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
A newly created role as a Manufacturing Site Director for a highly committed individual who is keen in building out our greens-field manufacturing site in Chengdu China (CCD). Once operational, the role controls the broad functional responsibilities of a critical medical device manufacturing plant. As the leader of Chengdu manufacturing, this position is also responsible for developing long term strategic relationships and alliances with key internal and external stakeholders, especially local government authorities.
The Manufacturing Site Director will serve as a role model for all leaders at the site, ensuring a strong cross-functional leadership team is established and is held accountable for employee engagement so CCD meets all quality, safety, employee retention and engagement targets.
You will be responsible for:
- Driving the commissioning of the Class 3 medical device manufacturing site towards full operational capacity
- Representing Cochlear Chengdu before government authorities, notified bodies and other entities during the process of site set up and onwards
- Overseeing continuous improvement programs designed to increase capacity and flexibility and reduce product cost
- Supporting the introduction of new technologies and products into the site by collaborating with key stakeholders through the development of long-term strategic relations
- Developing the people strategy to build the long-term sustainability of the manufacturing site capacity.
The successful candidate in this fantastic role will have a highly unique opportunity to shape the structure of our business in Chengdu. You will also have numerous opportunities to travel as you will have the benefit of working across multiple interesting and innovative projects.
- Excellent communication skills with strong bilingual proficiency in Mandarin and English
- Experience in the build and ramp up (planning & execution) of a Class 3 medical device manufacturing site over a 5 – 7 year period, with a global medical device organization, which has proven to be a high performing site
- Proven experience in managing the site within a global matrix reporting organization, so that all stakeholders are effectively engaged
- Worked with ISO13485, NMPA GMP and FDA QSR and implementation of Lean (or similar processes) in an established manufacturing facility
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role and take on new challenges to build your career with Cochlear, please start your application by clicking the apply button below.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now