Job Title: Strategic Channels Data Analyst
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for a Strategic Channels Data Analyst in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to ensure data is validated, flowing between systems correctly and explore opportunities to leverage new data sets to improve and influence a data-driven approach at Cochlear Americas. Your work will be imperative in driving strategic decisions and long-term planning. The role includes analysing, researching and validating business processes and the financial impact of the Strategic Channels Team. This role is responsible for understanding and identifying internal and external factors impacting market dynamics. By providing meaningful analysis of data and associated reporting you will help to drive business processes to increase channel access as well as quality of patient care.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of digital analytics through the use reporting tools, such as Salesforce.com, Oracle, Tableau and more.
- Develop and maintain accurate data for the weekly and monthly territory reports, scorecards, monthly and quarterly partner reports, monthly management reports and department dashboards.
- Work closely with the Finance/Accounting, Sales Operations, and CHC Operations teams as well as with strategic partners to insure the accuracy of historical and current data. Insures reports accurately reflect any changes to the Cochlear Provider Network territory structure.
- Collect, analyse and report accurate data in meaningful format to support management decisions; ability to research and understand data from a variety of sources including, but not limited to Oracle, Salesforce, Tableau.
- Monitor timeliness and completeness of strategic analysis and data submitted and streamline processes.
- Prepare data analysis reporting and support for team off-site meetings and sales meetings 2-4 times/year.
- Prepare data analysis reporting and presentation with finance department 2-6 times/year.
- Provide ad hoc data analysis reporting and support, including operational, customer and financial data.
Financial Modeling/Decision Support
- Support business plan development through preparation of relevant data, ability to provide context to data and understand drivers.
- Collaborate on cross functional teams by providing recommendations based on analytics and process improvements.
- Lead evaluation process of new initiatives and prepare ad hoc analysis and models to facilitate decision making on new projects.
- Develop framework to analyse business decisions that either optimize revenue generation or generate cost efficiencies.
- Develop and track metrics to support projects during pilot phase and implement systems to measure success or outcomes.
- Lead meetings and present data/findings in a clear and meaningful way.
- Contribute to sales forecasts by working with team, analysing historical sales data, and other external factors.
- Prepare, distribute and consolidate templates for detailed forecast; Summarize data in a meaningful way for standardized reporting to management on a territory basis.
- Create, maintain and update forecast model based on new customers, team members and initiatives.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Proven 3 years minimum work experience in a data analyst or related position.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Must possess strong analytical and computer skills with advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, ability to solve problems in team-oriented environment and excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must work well as part of a fast-paced team, with demonstrated ability to multitask, organize and prioritize appropriately. Must display a strong attention to detail, drive and initiative.
- Ability to provide strategic direction for business units.
- Financial planning and analysis skills, business case analysis, KPIs and dashboard reporting.
- Must possess creativity, ability to “think outside the box” and a desire for continuous improvement.
- Understands databases and possess good technical skills in querying and analysing data.
- Familiarity with Web Application methodologies.
- Ability to summarize information and succinctly communicate analysis verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively present information and interact with senior management.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.