Finance Manager CEE
Job no: 610097
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, People Manager, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions.
Position Overview / Purpose:
The position is a partner to the Regional Director CEE and will be a key interface between the business leaders and the Finance function to help aid decision support and drive performance in the business. Design and deliver a continuous improvement framework around the finance processes to deliver a best in class finance function. They will need to add value through actionable analytic insight, clear measurement and communication of performance and high quality, easy to use planning and forecasting. To ensure reliability in the financial results it is critical that this position has the overall financial accountability, providing accounting support to all local departments/teams, and ensuring compliance with legal and statutory controls in all financial matters.
- Work with the business to identify the revenue drivers and levers
- Drive the business to prioritise investments for revenue growth
- Build good working relationships with key stakeholders
- Work with the business teams to understand the strategic direction and contribute to achieving the business objectives
- Interpret and explain key performance indicators within the business
- Supporting and influencing key operational decisions
- Provide support in projects requiring finance involvement, including measurement of performance and profitability
- Advising on key business assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities
- Provide ad hoc analysis and insights to specific issues
Annual Business Planning
- Prepare and challenge the European regional forecast through the 5yr Plan, budget and forecasting (IBP) cycles
- Support managers in the formulation of their business and financial plans and fully understand key business issues and drivers including headcount, capital expenditure, pricing and market share growth
- Challenge budgets and maintain valid financial plans with analysis of risks and options to deliver against targets
Financial Management and Reporting
- Prepare monthly departmental financial management reporting requirements to deadlines including variance analysis and commentary.
- Review annual financial statements/statutory accounts, VAT and other tax returns in accordance with local statutory requirements
- Oversee dealings with auditors, tax and VAT officials and other similar third parties
- Review of and functional responsibility for the monthly accounts using Oracle in accordance with local and group reporting requirements in line with local and International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”)
- Review annual statutory packs and insurance questionnaires as required by Global Headquarters.
- Oversee any regular or ad-hoc internal and external audits of the company books, including the annual financial year end audits.
Ensure and Optimise Internal Controls in Finance
- Ensure financial processes are adhered to in line with group policy
- Review and manage the internal control system for enhanced preparation of the financial statements.
- Review and sign balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with company policy.
Transactional Accounting Delivery
- Ensure payables controls, expense processing, capital expenditure and intercompany accounts are effective and comply with company policy
- Ensure debtors controls are effective and collections are maximized
- Ensure that all contracts and obligations comply with transfer pricing policies
- Adhoc business support related to transactional accounting processes
Team Engagement and Succession Planning
- Ensure succession plans are in place
- Actively manage the workload and ensure adequate resourcing to service the business
- Qualified to Certified Accountant level or equivalent
- Regional commercial experience in a complex multi-national matrix organisation
- Good working knowledge of financial planning and analysis and accounting disciplines
- Evidence of successful employee engagement
- Proven knowledge of local and IFRS accounting standards
- Strong systems thinking
- Evidence of a continuous improvement mindset
- Customer service and analytical skills
- Cross functional influencing and communication skills
- Evidence of strategic planning and delivery against plan
- Fluent in German and English (written/spoken)
- Customer service and analytical skills
- Medical device industry experience
- Use of Oracle, Hyperion Smartview tools or similar
- Advanced Excel and other Microsoft office tools
- Carry out regular career, development and performance planning to ensure the team are engaged, driven and supported.
Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing. Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now