Job Title: Executive Assistant
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role:
In order to help Cochlear improve operational efficiency we are recruiting for an Executive Assistant in our Americas head office based in Centennial, Colorado.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to provide administrative support to the Vice President of Marketing and the Vice President of Strategic Growth Channels. You will also provide secondary support to management and departmental staff while working cross-functionally across the organization to coordinate administrative functions. This role is responsible for maintaining calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, processing expense reports, preparing presentation materials and completing secretarial duties as required in order to deliver on the initiatives of the department.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your administrative assistant experience in a fast paced, team-oriented environment. You will know you have been successful in this role when your attention to detail, organizational skills and initiative have streamlined processes and enhanced the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Assist management and departmental staff with administrative duties of a complex nature
- Maintain calendars for management and/or departmental staff
- Coordinate management and staff travel to various meetings and conferences by making travel arrangements, conference or meeting registration, and handling expense reports
- Complete secretarial duties as required, including word processing, budget tracking, sorting and categorizing mail, faxes, and filing
- Assemble weekly, monthly and annual reports and prepare presentation materials
- Coordinate administrative activities with other departmental administrative staff
- Assist in organizing Customer Experience Management trainings and meeting, such as transcribing minutes, assembling materials and/or organizing reports in preparation for meetings
- Review, code and pass along all department invoices to appropriate personnel for approval.
- Screen incoming calls, vendors, visitors and mail
Provide tracking and status of department initiatives/activitiesKey Requirements:
To add value to Cochlear, in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
Key Incumbent Requirements: Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of previous experience as an Executive Assistant of an equivalent position
- Type/word process at 65 WPM with a high level of accuracy
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be able to operate in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Key Incumbent Requirements: Ideal
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.