Job Title: Facilities Manager
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for a Facilities Manager in our Americas Corporate Headquarters located in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role you’ll be able to manage the day-to-day operations of all of the Cochlear Americas (CAM) facilities. You’ll work collaboratively with all departments in CAM to assure the effective functioning of the facilities to provide an efficient and safe work environment for employees. This manager role is responsible for planning and managing facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, mail services, catering/food services, waste disposal and parking.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of facilities management, engineering and project management. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you’ve used best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the company.
- Manage day-to-day operations of CAM facilities, including developing and maintaining a facility management program.
- Assure security of the facility and respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures.
- Interface with landlord property management and serve as 24/7 emergency contact for building functions.
- Supervise maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment and oversee any facility refurbishment and renovations including contract and vendor negotiations. Oversee the applications for and receipt of permits as necessary.
- Manage annual facility budget and spend; monitor expenses and payments.
- Manage contractor and vendor relationships; manage property leases, site development, architectural services, construction management and/or general contractors and manage all construction projects.
- Oversee environmental health and safety.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree. Experience in Facilities Management, Facilities Engineering or related qualifications such as project management, business management or construction management.
- 5-7 years of Facilities Management experience to include; construction, maintenance and all facets of facility operation.
- 3+ years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of principles and practices of business administration, finance, procurement and contracts.
- Proven history working with electrical and mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and application of health, safety and environmental regulations.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.