People & Culture Intern (Part-Time Contract)
Job no: 610156
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled), Hourly Temporary/Casual, Intern (Student)
Categories: Human Resources, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®)
We are seeking a part-time (3 days per week) People & Culture Intern, APAC for a 12-month contract based in our Sydney location. In this role, the successful Intern will have the opportunity to build foundational skills for a successful career as a People & Culture/Human Resources professional by providing broad level administrative support to the APAC People & Culture (Human Resources) team.
- Supporting the administration and maintenance of employee changes (maintain employee personnel files, support Human Resources Information System (HRIS) administration
- Issuing communications to new employees and managers to ensure successful orientation
- Coordinating employee recognition initiatives and content for APAC newsletter
- Assisting the team with various process improvement projects and initiatives
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Actively pursuing degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or relevant field
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of the Internet, Excel, Power Point and Word Applications
In turn, you will have the unique opportunity to build your foundational skills and gain exposure to broad level People & Culture/Human Resources functions and activities (Generalist, Talent Development, and Talent Acquisition).
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in implantable hearing solutions. The company has a global workforce of more than 3,500 people worldwide and invests more than AUD$160 million each year in research and development. Over 550,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution.
Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now