Global Supply Chain Specialist
Job no: 610176
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Western Europe, Individual Contributor
The Global Supply Chain Specialist will support the work of the Global Supply Chain Planners in order to ensure business continuity as well as ongoing process development and improvement in the area of global demand, distribution and inventory planning. The role will also support in the areas of supply chain analytics, product life cycle management incl. item setup and maintenance as well as documentation and testing of Oracle Supply Chain Solutions.
This new role will provide a great opportunity for the successful applicant to gain the necessary experience in order to progress further into a potential career in planning and/or supply chain management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure business continuity as well as ongoing process development / improvement in the area of global demand, distribution and inventory planning through:
- Support all day-to-day activities of the Global Planning Team including but not limited to:
- Reviewing and reacting to exceptions messages
- Periodic forecast and planning parameters reviews
- Periodic review of safety stocks and physical inventory distribution
- Represent the Global planning group on weekly calls and in other relevant global and local forums
- Assisting in identifying, monitoring and correcting and or reacting to demand signals
- Supporting the enforcement of data standards and content relating to supply chain planning (incl. key elements of planning data)
- Support event planning/management included but not limited to planning for shutdown periods etc.
- Raising and assisting in managing BSS Help Desk Requests with Business Systems Support and conduct any necessary testing required for issue resolution
- Observing, reviewing and providing feedback on new business processes
- When required, providing user training, user acceptance testing, user support and documentation.
- Leading by example, promoting knowledge of planning principles
Supply chain analytics, product life cycle management incl. item setup and maintenance as well as documentation and testing of Oracle Supply Chain Solutions through:
- Assist in the development and support the use of data interrogation tools and exceptions reports (including one support the global IBP process)
- Assist in ad-hoc data analysis when required
- Monitor, maintain and update relevant Oracle planning and inventory management attributes
- Monitor and provide feedback on the performance of Oracle planning tools.
- Support development and deployment of Supply Chain Planning solutions including but not limited to relevant planning tools, reports and analytics.
- Assist in reviewing Oracle functionality upgrades / patch releases for applicable functionality improvement or change.
- Where necessary provide support in the area of documentation creation, review and update.
- Liaise with and when required support the work of the Global Inventory Optimisation Manager.
- Some exposure to the supply chain practices eg. planning, product distribution, warehousing or purchasing
- Advance knowledge of data interrogation/query design and reporting techniques.
- Above average knowledge of all key Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Sound verbal and written communication as well as numerical skills
- Previous knowledge/experience with formal ERP system (Oracle/ SAP)
- Formal qualification in supply chain or supply chain management
- Some understanding of Cochlear product and services
- Expert knowledge of all key Microsoft Office applications (MS Excel, Word, Access, Power Point)
- Some exposure to project management practices
- Intermediate understanding of principles governing Supply Chain Management
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now