Job Title: Area Manager – Southern California
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
In order to help deliver exceptional care to Cochlear’s recipients and patients in need of implantable hearing technologies, we are recruiting for an Area Manager ideally located in Southern California; Orange County or San Diego.
To be successful in this role you will provide leadership to set the direction for the clinical territory team to achieve targeted sales numbers and successfully execute on the goals and strategies for the territory. You will closely partner with the team and professional partners to ensure positive customer outcomes. Responsible for developing and maintaining professional business relationships with key stakeholders to include; hospitals, clinics, surgeons and clinicians.
Lead and develop your team in the delivery and execution of exceptional sales strategies and processes. You are accustomed to working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders throughout an organization including partnering with marketing, customer experience, clinical and regulatory to execute business strategies. Your skills are well developed in a sales training process, ideally Miller-Heiman, and your results are reflective of your business plan and application throughout the team.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of audiology clinics including clinical care and practice management. Success with this program will support the transformation of implantable hearing long-term care to enable a broad sustainable network of clinical care to support the growing population of over 100,000 Cochlear recipients throughout the US and Canada.
- Ensures successful territory achievement of product portfolio revenue targets by increasing market share and growth by planning and executing activities to drive both. Revenue targets include SOP’s, forecasting accurately on a regular basis. Tracks results to plans.
- Territory planning includes surgeon training, opening new accounts, Champion events, professional awareness and other educational events to differentiate Cochlear products in the territory.
- Provides strategic leadership to set the direction for the territory team. Works with team members to ensure strong customer relationships with assigned accounts (surgeons, audiologists, surgical departments, purchasing, etc).
- Provide guidance, coaching and direction for team members. Develops each team member and actively coaches them in sales conversations and techniques guided by Miller Heiman. Ensures each team member is using territory and account planning consistently and entering into SalesForce.
- Presents pricing and unit purchase proposals to appropriate contacts, in accordance with Company policy authority levels.
- Travels with team members to coach, train and develop relationships with customers and listening for opportunities of strength and development and implementing with territory/regional plans.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
Key Incumbent Requirements: Minimum
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Three (3) years’ experience in health-care/therapeutics field in a sales or marketing role. Sales leadership required.
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to create and analyze sales plan objectives, strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated prioritization and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team leader/member must be a strength.
- Ability to train employees and customers in applications and use of products.
- Ability to review detailed sales reports and computer printouts.
- Ability to prepare and execute product presentations to others.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to meet team/field objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to write effective business plans and sales plans.
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally. Travel requirement is approximately 60% with overnight stays, and in some instances may exceed that for specified periods of time.
Key Incumbent Requirements: Ideal
- Demonstrated strategic short and long-term planning skills.
- Application of Sales and Marketing policies and strategies.
- Demonstrate execution of sales plan objectives and strategies for product portfolio.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Diverse culture
- Highly collaborative team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary, benefits and bonus
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives and grow your career
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlear.com/careers for more information.
Apply now by completing your application form online. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349. #cochlearcareers