Job Title: Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As one of the top 100 medical device companies and the market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for accounts payable and employee expense reimbursements. This position is responsible for the processing, analysis and reporting of accounts payable, including ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures. This position will work closely with other departments and outside vendors to resolve open issues and ensure timely processing of payments. The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will also serve as the primary administrator of Concur, our employee expense reimbursement system.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly organized and detail-oriented. You will work independently and manage priorities associated with your role with minimal supervision. Additionally, you will perform transactional-level tasks (such as data entry) but will also be capable of performing senior-level responsibilities associated with leading the AP department, including maintaining strong relationships with external vendors and internal executives, assisting with implementation of new projects and processes, and ensuring that AP-related payments and documentation are managed effectively. You will collaborate with a variety of subject matter experts and other team members to assist in the completion of key tasks and projects.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of accounts payable, financial controls, and relationship management. You'll know you've been successful in this role when you've maintained business as usual expectations while increasing efficiency of the payables process, building strong internal and external professional relationships.
- Manage all accounts payable invoices for payment, including entering relevant information, performing review for accuracy and proper approvals, processing payments, and filing relevant documentation.
- Respond to questions regarding billing problems; acts as a liaison between departments and vendors.
- Produce month-end accrual and prepare reconciliations for general ledger accounts, as assigned.
- Liaise with the purchasing department to research open purchase orders.
- Responsible for reviewing and issuing annual 1099 tax filings.
- Serves as in-house point-of-contact for Concur, including providing initial training and continual support for all employees.
- Act as primary Concur administrator, including general ledger account set up and mapping, and user account maintenance.
- Manage the Employee Expense Reimbursement process and related software on a day-to-day basis, including maintaining master files, reviewing expense reports for employees, comparing details and support submitted with the Travel and Expense Reimbursement policy and making independent judgment on approval/denial of submitted expenses.
- Resolves issues directly with employees and/or their managers related to non-compliant expense reimbursement submissions.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of Oracle data entry and retrieval system and assists with troubleshooting and testing operational and system issues in both Concur and Oracle.
- Assists with the audits of company accounts.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- 3-5+ years of accounts payable experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Oracle and/or Concur, and an Associate’s degree or equivalent related experience
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities.
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.