People & Culture Manager Latin America
Job no: 610273
Work type: Permanent
Location: Panama, Panama
Categories: Human Resources, South & Central America, Individual Contributor
This role is to support our successful growing organization in Latin America. The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate a high performing culture as the organization grows and scales.
In this position you will partner with middle to senior leaders and teams to develop and execute the HR strategies that champion organizational and people effectiveness in our Panama office and in the region. You must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the teams in a fast-paced environment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop an HR function within a successful growing region (approx 60+ employees). You will evidence a skill set that encompasses strong customer focus, collaboration and the ability to plan and align the goals of the buiness into the region.
- Work with the management team to understand business strategies, diagnose current organization performance, and develop/implement plans to build needed organization capabilities and support growth and innovative changes.
- Manage end-to-end employee life cycle, including recruiting, onboarding, development, and exits including administration of these processes, tools and templates in a standardized way.
- Participate in interview process and partner with leaders to ensure hired candidates can add on to the team capabilities and organization culture.
- Partner with Head of HR to identify organization capability gaps, designing development programs, delivering such programs, and assessing improvement.
- Partner with L&D Manager to plan and execute cultural events and programs to cultivate a positive culture and to celebrate business wins
- Connect with all levels of employees to improve work environment and provide feedback to leadership
- Deliver appropriate coaching and development feedback to managers and employees
- Provide development and assistance to managers, team leaders and employees in the use of P&C systems and processes.
- Gather data and qualitative information, and undertake analysis to prepare reports or make input to the preparation of reports, in areas such as recruitment, terminations, workforce demographics and other topics;
- Support investigation of employee grievances and employee issues that are raised with P&C
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement. Undertake additional quality responsibilities (e.g. audit) when appropriately trained to undertake these responsibilities.
- Contribute ideas on systems and process methods to improve deliverables
- Be a key member of the EMEA and LATAM HRMT team helping to develop world-class HR capabilities
- BA/BS Degree.
- 5-10 years of progressively responsible HRBP end to end experience required.
- Relevant Panama and other Latin American coutries labor law experience qualifications
- Spanish and English - fluent written and spoken
- Experience in a commercial or operations environment in an HRBP role
- Track record of coaching of people managers to bring about improvements to employee engagement and coaching of new people managers
- Able to coach people managers in all HR processes i.e. recruitment, performance management, grievances, remuneration
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Cochlear is committed to providing equal opportunities to avoid unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race, sex, disability, sexual orientation, religion/belief or age.
In line with our corporate ethics and statutory obligations we strive to ensure that the work environment is free of harassment and bullying and that everyone is treated with dignity and respect - this is an important aspect of ensuring equal opportunities in employment.
Advertised: Central America Standard Time
Applications close: Central America Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now