Customer Service Representative (6 month contract)
Job no: 610300
Work type: Fixed Term Contract (Cochlear payrolled)
Categories: Customer Service, Oceania, Individual Contributor
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
Cochlear Asia-Pacific, the fastest growing division of Cochlear Ltd, has a direct market presence in Japan, Korea, China, India, SE Asia and Australia & New Zealand. Our implantable hearing device portfolio includes cochlear implant systems (Nucleus®) and bone conduction implant systems (Baha®).
We are seeking a Customer Service Representative, reporting to the Customer Service Supervisor, to be based in our Sydney Office for 6 months. In this role, the successful Customer Service Representative will have the opportunity to support the Australia & New Zealand (ANZ) team to drive business growth by answering product and service questions, providing information about products and services, and maintaining customer orders and records.
- Champion customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate technical support to external and internal customers on topics such as product, service and warranty enquiries and supply issues.
- Manage recipient registrations, records and transaction processes.
- Collaborate with the broader Australia and New Zealand team including Sales, Clinical and Marketing Teams to provide prompt and effective customer support.
- Manage the repair processing and parts servicing initiatives with an aim to minimise processing turnaround time.
- Lead the investigations regarding customer complaints and take corrective actions as required.
- Partner with the Asia Pacific teams including Warehouse and Service and Repair Teams to manage repairs.
- Drive brand advocacy by providing first level support or counselling to Cochlear's recipients.
- Liaise directly with customers for any special requests regarding parts service, product repair or replacement and troubleshooting.
- Advocate engagement and growth by conducting appropriate outbound calls to various customers.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. As a regulated company, Cochlear has a responsibility to hire people with the right skills and qualifications to do the work. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- At least 1 to 2 years’ experience in customer service roles.
- Demonstrated ability using Oracle VRP system or Salesforce CRM system.
- Proven ability to provide product technical support and systematically resolve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with customers and the hearing impaired.
- Positive phone demeanour and proven ability to interact effectively with customers and colleagues with a variety of communication styles.
- Experience within the pharmaceuticals/life sciences/medical device/healthcare industry, is ideal but not essential.
In turn, you will have the opportunity to work across a diverse, challenging and rewarding set of markets. By championing customer satisfaction within the world’s fastest growing region, you will be making a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired. You will also have the unique opportunity to expand your capabilities and enhance readiness for other facets of the business.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has over 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 475,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now