Junior Accountant AP/AR
Job no: 610316
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Finance, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Individual Contributor
Imagine using your experience to help people around the world to hear again. We can offer a unique opportunity to join Cochlear, an iconic Australian company, leading the world in implantable hearing solutions. We have an opportunity in the Vienna office, where our regional HQ of CEE organisation is based – to strengthen our finance team we are looking for a Junior Accountant.
If you are energetic and flexible in your approach, you like to work in a dynamic international environment, then this is the job for you! As part of our collaborative team you will be supported and given development opportunities so that you will really be able to add value to the organisation.
In this role, you have responsibility to conduct administrative and operational accounting duties for Cochlear Central Eastern Europe, including the areas of accounts payable as well as accounts receivable, working under the supervision and guidance of a Senior Accountant. You work directly with managers of all levels as well as the Central and Eastern European (“CEE”) sales and customer service teams in order to clarify and ensure compliance with any applicable policies/guidelines and procedures. You will support the Senior Accountant with more complex financial accounting accountabilities, such as account/balance sheet reconciliation, financial reporting, internal/external audits, etc. As a special accountability, the position supports the reception and office administration of the Vienna office and acts as the backup for the local “Receptionist & Office Administrator”.
- Processing Invoices and Expenses
- Supplier Payment Management
- Payables Statement reconciliations
- Debt Collection for CEE market
- Receipts Control and Debtors Allocation
- Accounting tasks support
- Office administration and reception tasks as back-up
Whyen is this role right for you?
- You are young in your career and hungry to gain experience, or progress in your professional development in international environment
- You have professional qualification in Accounting, advanced Excel skills and good knowledge of an accounting IT-system (e.g. Oracle)
- Ideally you will have few years of previous experience in a multi-country organization and gained knowledge in other areas of Finance
- In addition, you have experience in month end process and monthly reconciliations
- Have a proactive approach and demonstrated ability to work at speed with accuracy
- Are an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Speak fluent German and have good command of English, any other language (e.g. CZ, PL, RU) is an advantage
This is your chance to be part of a premier organization with a great culture, working in a dynamic, growing and rapidly evolving environment to deliver outstanding results that benefit our customers every day. Be part of something purposeful and APPLY now by clicking on the link below and see your career grow!
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always. Cochlear is the global market leader in implantable hearing solutions including cochlear implant systems (CI) and bone anchored hearing aids (Baha™).
Advertised: W. Europe Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now