Job no: 610338
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Manufacturing & Logistics, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Maintenance & Calibration Technician to support our new manufacturing site in Chengdu China
To be successful in this role you'll be able to perform production engineering activities on manufacturing equipment in line with business quality systems and regulatory requirements. You'll work collaboratively within the production engineering team and with cross-functional teams from across the business to ensure business requirements are met in an effective and timely manner.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of production engineering.
- Provide escalation point for Manufacturing Managers and/or M&C team for yield, quality, capacity and equipment issues.
- Provide fast response resolution to day to day specific production problems raised during the fast response meetings.
- Breakdown support. Investigating breakdowns, providing guidance on corrective actions to technicians and implementing preventative actions.
- Execute projects to maximise production efficiencies on existing production processes to include the selection of appropriate equipment.
- Liaise with other appropriate support groups (e.g. CLTD, R&D, Procurement) to resolve issues e.g. manufacturability.
- Monitor progress of improvement plans and provide feedback to interested parties.
- Compliance to regulations
- Implement continuous monitoring and calibration reviews to ensure Manufacturing System sustainability
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering. Prefer Process, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aeronautical, microelectronics, Biomedical or Automatic.
- 3 years+ experience in a similar production role within a highly regulated industry
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven competencies in problem solving, design, manufacturing / business process development and personal influence
Medical device industry experience and an understanding of GMP in NMPA will be highly regarded.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now