Job no: 610340
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Engineering, Asia Pacific, Individual Contributor
Cochlear is the global market leader in implant hearing solutions and is a top 100 company on the ASX. Cochlear's mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people chose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. A Cochlear Implant is an electronic device that is surgically implanted under the skin near the ear that restores hearing to those who suffer from severe hearing loss. It’s an incredible piece of engineering and the only product in the world that restores a sense through technology.
In order to help Cochlear bring new products to market that help people with hearing loss, we are recruiting for a Maintenance & Calibration Technician to support our new manufacturing site in Chengdu China
To be successful in this role you'll be able to perform maintenance and calibration activities on manufacturing equipment in line with business quality systems and regulatory requirements. You'll work collaboratively within the Maintenance and Calibration team and with cross-functional teams from across the business to ensure business requirements are met in an effective and timely manner.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to Cochlear's successful history of innovation by applying your knowledge of maintenance and calibration.
- Ensure maximum availability and safety of manufacturing equipment and services
- Undertake scheduled maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment and services in accordance with Cochlear’s Quality Management System (QMS)
- Take ownership in resolving unscheduled (breakdown) tasks relating to plant and equipment and address product yield related issues resulting from plant and equipment failures
- Collaborate and support other business needs by completing Cochlear Service Portal requests assigned to the Maintenance and Calibration (M&C) Department
- Coordinate and supervise the execution of minor and medium level Project Work Plans under the guidance of the Production Facilities and Maintenance Supervisor
- Provide technical information and advice to internal customers including Production and Engineering teams
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Certificate of Competency / Proficiency issued by a registered and accredited AS/NZ training organisation
- Possess proven abilities in the maintenance and calibration of specialised manufacturing equipment and test systems
- Experience working in a Planned Maintenance environment
- Fluent Mandarin, With English skill in writing and reading.
Individuals holding a recognised trade qualification or post trade qualification will be highly regarded.
Cochlear will offer you the opportunity to continuously improve your skills in a globally active high-tech manufacturing environment. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people's lives. Take the first step towards a career you can be proud of. Apply online today.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Applications close: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now