Collections Specialist - Commercial
Job no: 610355
Work type: Permanent
Location: Centennial, Colorado
Categories: Finance, North America, Individual Contributor
Job Title: Collections Specialist – Commercial
Change people’s lives and love what you do! Cochlear develops world-leading medical devices that help people hear. As the top 100 medical device company and market-leader in implantable hearing devices, more people choose a Cochlear-branded cochlear implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives.
About the role
In order to help Cochlear improve operational efficiency, we are recruiting for a Collections Specialist – Commercial in our Americas head office based in Centennial, CO.
To be successful in this role, you will administer collection and credit polices and procedures, maintaining multiple billing and collection systems, and setting up and updating commercial accounts.
- Analyze accounts and correspondence on a daily basis.
- Contact customers via outbound/inbound phone calls and other means of communication to secure balance of debt by negotiating payment in full, payment arrangements and payment terms.
- Collect on all outstanding receivables on assigned accounts.
- Ensure timely follow-up and information gathering so that collection is made on all outstanding receivables on assigned accounts.
- Determine the validity of customer disputes with regards to charge backs.
- Take escalated customer calls from other Account Representatives.
- Review and recommend write off (Adjustments) of accounts.
- Issue refunds with appropriate documentation.
- Responsible for continuous improvement activities by developing and implementing efficiencies within the department that will add value to the process.
To add value to Cochlear in this role you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience in your application and at interview:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 2-3+ years in commercial collections and knowledge of collection processes
- Strong written, verbal, active listening and phone communication skills
- Computer literate with the ability to meet daily productivity and quality standards
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to negotiate (i.e. ability to use full and complete information to negotiate best arrangement)
- Knowledge of metrics and reporting
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Apply now by completing your application form online. Cochlear is an equal employment opportunity organization. Applicants must meet the job specific application criteria to be considered.
Working at Cochlear Americas:
- Work with dedicated and passionate colleagues to help more people hear
- Highly collaborative global team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement plans, paid holidays/vacation, tuition reimbursement, and extended Paternity Leave.
- State of the art facility with great work/life balance conveniences (onsite gym, wellness programs, dry cleaning services, company-sponsored monthly food truck and more!)
Cochlear pioneered and is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located in Sydney, Australia where we design and manufacture the leading cochlear implant devices in the world. A success story in the commercialization of R&D, Cochlear has more than 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. We have provided more than 550,000 implantable devices, helping people of all ages to hear and connect with life’s opportunities. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organization – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people's lives and grow your career
Cochlear Americas is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Cochlear will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require accommodation with completing the online application, please contact us via web or phone at 303-264-2349.
Advertised: Mountain Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now